What is something your little one does that you can't seem to stop?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine throws everything behind the couch!! Ugghhh!! We have a sectional so there is a part of it that does not touch the wall and he loves to grab anything from around the room and get onto the couch and toss it behind. Remotes, phones, toys, anything! Drives us crazy!!! We have told him no. We have taken him off the couch. We have stopped him before he throws stuff if we catch him. But he just keeps doing it. He laughs as he does it...its a fun game to him!!

February 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
The high pitched squeal.
February 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pinching cheeks.
February 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Climbing everything. People included.

If i sit on the floor she's immediately on me and she's unintentionally really rough and won't just sit and be still. I wouldn't mind the cuddles if it didn't hurt lol

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL. It drives me crazy when she sits on the floor in the kitchen while I am cooking or doing dishes. Our kitchen is small. She's in the way! Then she does that whole "whine" thing where she wants me to pick her up while I'm cooking.

February 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Oh yah, screaming during meal preparation is h-e-l-l!!!
February 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll second (or third) the mealtime annoyances. I love this child more than anything I have ever known, but he HAS TO be in the kitchen with me at all times. And I HAVE TO hold him so he can see what I'm cooking. Not very convenient, and definitely not very safe!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
February 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wait, little rose wants to help me cook by taking the lids or small pots out, going over to the sliding glass door and banging them on the glass! I dread it every day.
February 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, I was JUST about to post this. Xavier will NOT stop throwing things down the stairs. Every single day, at least 5 times a day, he grabs and throws down every single pillow from the decorative window seat at the top of the stairs. Those are his favorites, probably due to the ease of access and the nice bouncing action he observes as they tumble down.

He has thrown down hundreds of toys, containers that I keep art supplies in, Layla's computer chair, and just the other day he threw his lamp down. He went and got it out of his bedroom, toted it to the stairs, and tossed it down.
Peals of laughter and applause usually follows.
I don't know what to do. I texted Tim at work and told him I was dropping him off at a Safe Baby location, and if he wanted to see him again, he could pick him up from there. Drives me insane.

February 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
February 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Throwing toys, hitting, sitting on cats.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
He loves to get into my wallet and pull all of my cards out and toss them on the floor.
marieks85 likes this.
February 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
He loves to get into my wallet and pull all of my cards out and toss them on the floor.
Tristan goes through my backpack and pulls out all my papers and books. He also opens my textbook and turns the pages VIOLENTLY. I rent my books and can't damage them so I freak when I see him doing that lol. They will charged me about $250 a book if any pages are ripped out!

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 4th, 2013, 06:07 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
I don't know what to do. I texted Tim at work and told him I was dropping him off at a Safe Baby location, and if he wanted to see him again, he could pick him up from there. Drives me insane.
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
turning off the satellite receiver in the middle of us watching something-drives all of us bonkers
FallinWoman likes this.
February 4th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hitting me with both hands. Constantly.

Kicking my face while nursing. Constantly.
tobi4 likes this.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 5th, 2013, 04:40 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
turning off the satellite receiver in the middle of us watching something-drives all of us bonkers
Xavier does that too! Anything with a light on is going off if he sees it. We watch Netflix through the Xbox & that large, green, glowy light is just too irresistible for him. He was turning it off 10+ times a day. I taped a piece of card stock over it, & he ripped it off. Tim moved it on top of the DVD case, & he uses a stool to reach & turn it off. I ended up hot gluing card stock to it. Tim wasn't happy, but I can't take it anymore.
Surge protectors, tvs, desktop computers, they don't stand a chance. They're going off. The only one he can't turn off is our new tv in our bedroom. The buttons are on the side, & that thoroughky perplexes & frustrates him. I got nervous the other day though because he was staring at it too hard. My heart skipped a beat because I know it's only a matter of time before he gets that one too.

February 5th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She doesn't do this so much anymore, but when she is done eating, she holds up her plate or bowl and says "all done" and before I get to her...she tips it over on to the floor!!

She hasn't done it in a while so I am hoping that phase is over, but it used to make me so mad. We are guilty of eating dinner in the living room most nights and we started putting her in her booster chair and leaving it in the kitchen (which is still by us) so that when she dropped food...it was on the kitchen floor instead of the carpet!

February 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Screaming. About everything. Pick me up. Scream. I can't reach my toy. Scream. I can't say what I need. Scream. You want to change my butt? Scream scream scream. And it's a scream that says someone is in incredible pain. It shocks, horrifies and amazes me all at the same time. I've tried saying no, verbalizing for him, ignoring it, I'm at a loss.

[/url
February 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
little rose does this mostly with M and K. Dh and I have learned to given her remotes that don't work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search