Life Insurance is a Headache!!!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I finally decided to take out a policy on myself to help care for Mya should something happen to me but it's just been one huge PITA!! Anyway, I got a really good rate for the policy amount I was interested in so I told the company to send me the application but I made it really really clear with the agent that I DID NOT want to pay using an automatic withdrawal from my account, I would only do this if I could pay with a check. He said it wouldn't be a problem. I do the exam and complete the application. I get a call from someone from the insurance company a week later saying my application is incomplete and they won't send it in to the underwriter until I sign the EFT form. I then told this person the same thing I told my agent, I don't want anyone else having access to my account but me. If I send in the check I'll have a better idea of when the money would be coming out (I'm paying annually). He said he'd call me back. I then got a call from someone completely different and was told that they would just need to "confirm my payment arrangement and to just send in a voided check". I asked "Well can't you do that when I send in my payment?" Anyway, at the end of the conversation he said the voided check would be fine to send in and they wouldn't take anything out of my account. I then receive an email from this same person stating that he was "mistaken and they need the signed EFT form to send it in and if I choose not to sign it they can just close everything".

I'm pissed and I KNOW they can process applications without someone signing an EFT form with their bank account information on it. Has anyone had this problem before? I want to go over their heads and speak with someone else but I'm not sure where to look or who to ask for.
February 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't be doing business with them. There is more than one way to pay for things, & it's fishy they're trying to push EFT.

February 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't go through them.

February 6th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah there is something really weird about that whole thing. There are plenty of other insurance companies that do not need your bank info. They also seem very disorganized and I really don't like the type of places where they tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign on with them and try to change things at the last minute.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
What a pain. I had the same experience recently. They couldn't process my application till I gave them the EFT info. That ended the application. I'm not giving you my bank account info unless I'm approved for the policy as quoted. I'm not going to have them approve me for some other amount and debit that from my account.
February 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ours is through the navy and taken out of our paycheck '

February 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
What a pain. I had the same experience recently. They couldn't process my application till I gave them the EFT info. That ended the application. I'm not giving you my bank account info unless I'm approved for the policy as quoted. I'm not going to have them approve me for some other amount and debit that from my account.
And that's another reason I'm not ok with it. Have you looked elsewhere yet or have you just put it on hold for now?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search