Sleep

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
How do you put your LO to sleep these days? Do you rock them? Just put them down and that's it? Pat their back?

February 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Julka
I do NOT rock We believe in teaching our kids to sooth themselves and fall asleep independently from an early age (i.e. 5-6 months). He does have a "lovey" in the crib (a favourite stuffed animal) and a musical mobile that plays soft music. So with those, we put him to sleep awake and he falls asleep on his own. He never cries going to sleep, he's a really easy baby. He's mostly on a 1-nap schedule now (12-2pm or sometimes 3pm), and he sleeps 8pm-8am straight at night. Some random mornings he surprises me and sleeps in till 10am tho!
ShelleyB80 likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We pretty much just lay him down and leave the room. By 8pm he's always ready. We have been on the same schedule since he was 1 1/2 months, down by 8 and since he was like 10 months (give or take a few nights) he has slept completely through. He was bad when he got 3 teeth at once, he was up a lot, but once they came in he went back. And since he has gotten 3 more with no issues with sleep.
To summarize, we usually give him a bath around 7 30 & then bottle a little before 8 and then take him upstairs to his room, change him and jammies and lay him down and leave the room. It has been very easy, Ive heard the second is harder lol

February 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bathe Lydia, put her in her pjs, give her a bottle and once she is done we put her down. I cover her with a blanket, turn on her mobile and she is usually out like a light within 5 min.
February 9th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sarey, Nathan is wayyy easier than Kayla ever was. I think the 2nd has no choice but to be a bit more adaptable since they never get all of the attention lol
Nathan has always been easy. For as long as I can remember all we do is lay him in the crib with a blankie (any receiving blanket) that he can chew and put himself to sleep.

February 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Pea is usually done by 830. You can tell when she needs to go to bed because she starts getting mad at everything lol! I change her into her pjs and I give her a bottle, yes we rock in a rocking chair while she drinks her bottle. Then I lay her in her crib with her fave blanket and her bink and leave. Cherishing this time with just the two of us.

February 9th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Bottle and then to bed with her comfort soothy blanket. Usually she goes to sleep on her own but sickness and teeth and visiting family has mad for a rough month.

February 9th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I used to give Gio boob and put him down drowsy, but lately (as in the past few days) he isn't too interested in boob before bed so he basically goes right into the crib. It's be great if he decided he didn't want boob in the middle of the night now too! Anyway I do rub his back though and he's usually out quite quickly.

February 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cody has always gone down for naps and for the night awake. As long as I know he's ready (yawning, rubbing his eyes, etc) he goes to sleep. He might babble and play around for a little bit, but gets himself to sleep by sucking his thumb usually.
February 11th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Loves Kate!
We put Katelyn down in the crib awake so she can fall asleep on her own. Usually we try to give her a bottle about an hour before bed. Then change her and brush her teeth right before bed.

Born 11/19/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search