Cleaning & Cooking

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 2 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By kazarmo
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
How does everyone get that stuff done with the LO running around?

I ask this because last night, my hubby pissssed me off lol he sat there on the couch playing on his phone, while I tried to empty the dishwasher, reload it and cook dinner while Gary was playing in the garbage and the dog food and the cabinets and honestly, just too close to the stove for my comfort. i kept LOUDLY saying, go play with daddy. . . he will play with you. Yea no. Completely oblivious. lol ohhh well at least he gets bored with one thing and moves on to the next easily haha.

Anyway, usually i clean when he naps on the weekends or after he goes to bed at night (like last night, I got sooooo much done) and when I cook dinner, daddy usually plays with him or if we are having a dinner thats kinda lazy and crappy for G daddy feeds him something while I cook or prepare ours.

February 12th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Julka
I hear you, it's a challenge. And honestly, I've been in that situation with DH, and you just have to DIRECTLY tell him to get the baby. Men, they sometimes need like direct-instructions to their face to get it, kwim? They'll say you nag, well if that's what it takes!! I know my husband is tired when he gets home, but I can't wash the dishes, make everyone's lunches for next day, and clean the kitchen while the baby gets into things. Luckily, DH is usually good & plays mega blocks with him, but sometimes I need to say it straight to his face to get the baby! lol

I don't do chores when he naps/sleeps b/c our place is one-level so it will wake him up. Well, some things I can do like fold laundry and I've decorated cakes while he napped lol, but if it's noisy, it has to wait.

He's really good at playing by himself, though. Yes, he will pull all my pots & pans out. He'll pull all the clothes from the dressers in his room. He'll get his toys all over the living room, throw all the fridge magnets on the floor, make a mess from the shoes by the door... But during the day when DH works, I just do my best to multi-task and keep one eye on him at all times, lol. It's tricky, but as long as he isn't hurting himself, I tell myself it's okay.. But many times I have to remove him from a situation and just distract him with something else.

Some chores like bathroom cleaning I only do on weekends when DH is home.
D@mnedYankee likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I let Pea play in the pantry and pull all the pots and pans out and she plays toys. Patrick usually plays with her or distracts her while I cook. As for cleaning... Well she helps me! Today she picked up a used dryer sheet and started wiping the coffee table off with it. She hands me crumbs off the floor. She loves to help me do stuff. Like she shuts the dishwasher door. But if I am alone and I have to load the dishwasher I put her in her highchair with a snack and she watches me do that. When I vacuum she takes her popcorn ball popper thingy and pushes it around like I do the vacuum she's so sweet lol

February 13th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
GATES! I wanna hug the person that invented those. If sister isn't playing with her I put her in their room, door open and gate the door. She happily plays until I am ready to serve dinner. Cleaning and chores the kiddos are helping or playing but honestly I don't "deep clean" all that often cause it just gets dirty again.....lol.

February 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
I hear you, it's a challenge. And honestly, I've been in that situation with DH, and you just have to DIRECTLY tell him to get the baby. Men, they sometimes need like direct-instructions to their face to get it, kwim? They'll say you nag, well if that's what it takes!! I know my husband is tired when he gets home, but I can't wash the dishes, make everyone's lunches for next day, and clean the kitchen while the baby gets into things. Luckily, DH is usually good & plays mega blocks with him, but sometimes I need to say it straight to his face to get the baby! lol
Last night when I started to make dinner, I heard Gary and Gary playing so I was like good. Then i dont. so I walked into the living room and Welllll little Gary is halfway up the stairs. And Gary is sitting on the couch I almost had a heart attack, then I was breading chicken and the little one was standing there pulling at my pants so I told my hubby to get him. lol then i told him, you need to start keeping an eye on him, if you want another kid. I need HELP! So he was like okay okay you gotta just tell me you always "Got it." which is true I alwayyyyys say i got it. lol we both work all day so I feel almost the same as him by evening, but I told him, we have a baby we chose to have a baby, do your daddy job and he laughed. Soooo the end. lol
Julka and Snookums like this.

February 13th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Julka
LOL. Well, yes you both work, but it sounds like you come home and slave in the kitchen, and he comes home and sits on the couch. hahaha. I know your hubby is great so maybe that convo will make him realize that you don't get many breaks in parenting!!
February 13th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
LOL. Well, yes you both work, but it sounds like you come home and slave in the kitchen, and he comes home and sits on the couch. hahaha. I know your hubby is great so maybe that convo will make him realize that you don't get many breaks in parenting!!
That is kind of true. I love him dearly and he is a wonderful person. But unless I tell him to he does nothing to really help. Even his only household chore, besides mowing the lawn, taking out the garbage i started doing that too. BUT I never say anything (until last night) because, honestly, I have a messy house sometimes, with all G's toys, but I can't live in a dirty house, which is a big difference, so i just do it. But I think i got through to him last night.
Julka likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I totally get you on the messy house dirty house thing. My hubby had the nerve to say the house is always a disaster but it's not. I put my things on the counter on the kitchen so sometimes it's cluttered or there are toys scattered everywhere. She has 100 megablocks and 100 ball pit balls so those are pretty much everywhere so it looks bad. But it's not dirty, I dust, clean the floors and do all the hidden things that he doesn't even know I do apparently. He thinks I don't dust because he says he never sees me do it. I tell him he doesn't see me do a lot of things! It's frustrating I feel you. And then he cleans like one thing and he's the bomb diggity and I don't do anything apparently lol. Guys are silly I swear! We should really do nothing one week and maybe then they'll see what we do!

February 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Little bit of a challange on my end too because when Lina's 2 sister's aren't there and it's just me, Lina and Karena I have nobody to entertain Lina unless I ask my oldest to help out. Sometimes she does but she also has chores and homework and I don't want to ask her every day to play with her sister if she doesn't feel like it. kwim?

I do have a toys on top of the fridge that are Lina's "cooking" toys. She only gets these toys when I cook in the kitchen. They usually occupy her for at least 10 mins. Other times I let the animals upstairs (which I hate to do while i'm cooking cuz they are underfoot and then hair gets into our food) Lina loves the animals and will laugh and follow them and talk to them.
Other times Lina is in the greatest mood and will go play by herself for a little while.
Most of the time I do end up putting her in the highchair and get her started on her dinner earlier then everyone else because she usually is getting cranky because she is hungry.

I think I need to start hiding more toys so she forgets about them and thinks they are new and different. That should help I think.

I do have all the kids help with chores. I don't do everything and plus SO helps sometimes too.
I can't do it all and my couple of fits in the past made a mark on my family. I will not be chasing after a baby, cooking, cleaning while everyone else is having fun playing the wii or on the comptuer. We are a family and all need to help each other out. Throw down the law, that's what I do, but I try to be nice about it till I reach my breaking point and then start yelling at everyone that they need to help me and I'm not superwoman.
ratladee likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
I totally get you on the messy house dirty house thing. My hubby had the nerve to say the house is always a disaster but it's not. I put my things on the counter on the kitchen so sometimes it's cluttered or there are toys scattered everywhere. She has 100 megablocks and 100 ball pit balls so those are pretty much everywhere so it looks bad. But it's not dirty, I dust, clean the floors and do all the hidden things that he doesn't even know I do apparently. He thinks I don't dust because he says he never sees me do it. I tell him he doesn't see me do a lot of things! It's frustrating I feel you. And then he cleans like one thing and he's the bomb diggity and I don't do anything apparently lol. Guys are silly I swear! We should really do nothing one week and maybe then they'll see what we do!
Right, I am pisssssed that I had to empty the garbage the last few times too. Im like duuude its your ONLY CHORE. lol. But big difference between dirty and messy we have those ball pit balls all over the place by bedtime, BUT underneath them the floor is clean. Its bad enough with all the snow when we walk im it makes dirty water puddles all over the tile! I feel like I am cleaning them every hour even when we dont leave haha
ratladee likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Those darn snow water puddles suck to walk through when you're in socks. Pea actually cried over that because she stepped in a cold puddle in her bare feet.

February 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
Those darn snow water puddles suck to walk through when you're in socks. Pea actually cried over that because she stepped in a cold puddle in her bare feet.
OMG thats so funny gary tries to lick them up, on his hands and knees like the dogs. . . hes so weird.

February 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
this is how we deal with Caylyn.....she helps. It's super frustrating because I was cooking and DH was supposed to be watching her and I turned around to this.......

February 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
OMG gary would break ours. . . he is like 35lbs!

February 14th, 2013, 07:24 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I'd be surprised if Caylyn is past 22lbs. She is small so that's why I wasn't concerned. But still this is what I have to deal with. She always goes for the dishwasher!!

February 14th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Its the same thing for me. I turn around and there's gary!
~Momma*2011~ likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Aww I love her jammies

February 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things have changed a bit since I've been back at work. I'll either put Cody in his high chair with toys or snacky foods like puffs to entertain him while I cook. Or there's always the pack-n-play. Cleaning I usually do on the weekends when he's napping. The only thing I do when he's awake is vacuum because I'm afraid it will wake him.
February 14th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness you're going to send me often a tangent!! Haha I had a really good vent session with a friend at work today since it seems that since I've been back at work I still have to do everything. I'm frustrated with, picking up the kids, coming home and making dinner, doing the dishes, giving the kids baths And picking up toys all while my DH sits there. Aargh! Time for another talk!!
As far as cooking/cleaning with him around, he's pretty good at playing on his own (usually emptying out th Tupperware lol) and he also has a big sister to follow around - that's been a huge help! Worst case scenario, he's in high chair with a snack.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search