Really tiny Ari

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HeatherLopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never really thought much of it before. I thought Ari was just small, but looking at stats and clothes sizes of other LOs her age, I am a little concerned. She seems REALLY small.

Right now, she weighs about 18.5 lbs and is in a size 2 shoe. She hasn't gained much since her 15 month appointment. She eats A LOT, way more than my 3 year old.

Her body is perfectly proportionate, only she looks more like a 9-12 month old rather than an 18 month old. I'm not really sure why she doesn't seem to be getting bigger, when she eats and eats. Part of me still thinks she is just a tiny girl, but then another part of me is starting to worry. Do you think I should address this with her doctor?
February 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She could just be small. I think once they get so active it's normal to a degree to not gain a ton. I think Dominic has only gained about a 1-2 lbs since 12 months. Which seems pretty slow of a gain to me (he's about 22/23 lbs at the moment) Her shoe size does seem pretty small though, how tall is she? If you are a bit concerned I would probably just mention it to her DR and see what they say.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 13th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It couldn't hurt to mention it if you're concerned. But she might just be tiny.
We have a few little peanuts in the group though so Ari's not the only one.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
CoreenaC's Avatar Carter-Carter's Momma
Ari definitely isn't the only one. Carter's a little bigger than her but just moved up to 12 month clothes (jammies he's been 12 month for awhile cause he has big feet). I would talk to her doctor if you're concerned but some kids are just little. I have a 6.5 year old niece who's only now pushing 35 pounds and she's perfectly happy and healthy.
DS2-EDD 9/10/14
*Thank you so much *Kiliki* for the siggy!*
February 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everyone else! She is probably just a tiny girl. You are tiny, too! How big was she at birth? Brynlee was big, so she's big now, lol

I know that Dee's Rose is a tiny little gal, too!

February 13th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan is tiny too, but on his own growth curve. If she's on her curve, I wouldn't worry about it.
February 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Amanda21's Avatar Super Mommy
She is probably just tiny. If the dr. hasn't mentioned anything, then it is probably nothing to worry about, but you could always ask. The dr. wanted kelsey to come back in at 16 months so that she could weigh her again since she was concerned about her weight...she was 19lbs 11 oz at the time. She goes back next week for her 18 month appointment and I would be surprised if she breaks 20lbs.

February 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
r&lsmama
She's probably just on the petite size. Layla is also on the small side.
February 13th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
little rose is even tinier. At 17 months she is just 17 pounds. We just put her in size 3 shoes and she still wears 6 month clothes as well as some 9 months clothes.

Ari is her own tiny self. Developmental concerns are more distressing than weight gain, IMO.
February 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
As our doctor has told me, if they are following their own curve, and don't look sickly, then they are just petite. Babies, like everyone else, come in all shapes and sizes.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joey is tiny, I'd be surprised if he's twenty lbs. He's been in the 5th percentile since birth, very abnormal for any of my kids. Doc isn't worried, he's eating and happy
February 13th, 2013, 08:07 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you're right. I think she is just little. I'll mention it at her appointment in a couple weeks, but if the doctor isn't concerned then I shouldn't be worried about it.
Amanda21 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search