Eating habits (yours, not the kids')

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking of ways I can healthily take off my baby weight after he is born. After I had Will, I started running again. It wasn't so bad, as long as my husband could watch him for an hour a couple times a week. This time, I will have a newborn and a 20-month-old, and my husband is never home during the day (he works late). So, I'm scared. I know for a fact I will not be able to run anymore.

I was wondering if you know about cutting out sugar or other types of foods. Does it make that much of a difference? All my life, I've been a size 0-2, and I've eaten anything I wanted (being a runner helped!). So now I'm starting to rethink the way I eat, and wondering if cutting out sugar actually makes that much of a difference?

I'm talking about junk food - I am a SUCKER for it. I made my husband a cheesecake for valentines day and I swear to god I could have eaten half of it last night. The old Ani would have done that. But now, I'm afraid of the weight not coming off so I had to refrain.

Anyway, I'm sorry about the babbling. I was just curious to see if anyone has tried cutting out sugar (or any other kind of food) and was it successful?

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
February 14th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
My eating habits are bad. I eat a lot of red meat, a lot of carbs and a lot of junk food. I lost weight from breastfeeding. I think it really kicked my metabolism into high gear or something. I can eat what I want and I haven't gained weight (or lost) in months.
February 14th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think healthy eating depends on a lot of things--not just one area such as cutting out sugars. It's portion control, types of food, etc. I am not a big sweet eater, but I do think that it's okay to have things in moderation. If I want a piece of cake, I have a piece of cake...I just don't eat the whole thing, LOL

Eating a protein packed breakfast is important. If you're a carb eater, try to limit them to breakfast and dinner so you burn them off during the day. That's where I screw up. I LOVE pasta, rice, potatoes...so we almost always have one of those with dinner...then I eat way too much of it!

I would like to say though that most "diets" are not successful when a person tries to completely get rid of things that they love the most. If you try to cut out ALL sugars then you may end up having a sugar binge!
Rachel likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've actually been doing an low carb/higher healthy fats diet for about a month now. No grains, no sugars, ect. Almost all my carbs come from veggies. I've always been a big carb eater with not a lot of self control when it comes to portions of carbs and it's caused me to end up extremely overweight and with an insulin resistance. I gave them up cold turkey and I've lost 9lbs in 3 weeks and I feel great. And after the first couple days, almost no cravings for carbs at all. I feel like I can keep this up for the long term and I know people who have been doing it for years.
But everyone is different and things that work for one person might not work for another.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are planning on running then "good" carbs will be your friend. I run a couple miles a day and my carb intake is high and protein is low because I'm not working on muscle. I use the carbs for fuel and if I eat too much protein my body eats the muscle instead of the fat. I agree about portion control. Don't obsess but just watch what you eat. I tracked my eating habits for a couple weeks and found out I'm a grazer. When I get bored I eat, so now I redirect myself and say "okay am I hungry or bored?" I feel like crap when I eat just to pass time so now I chase Tristan around or clean or something. I'm size 3/4 and it only took maybe 6 months for me to get back down to that size (BFing helped A LOT) and I had gained 60 lbs during pregnancy.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 05:13 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I pretty much only eat junk - which is why I am overweight. Sorry I am no help!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search