Climbing on furniture

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 08:29 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So Cody is big enough now to climb on the couch. But he's not old enough to realize his boundaries and that it's not safe to jump on the couch or lean close to the edge. So now I can't leave him in the room with the locked gate because I'm afraid he'll fall off the couch. If I have to suddenly leave the room he goes in his PNP which he really doesn't like anymore. I remember this stage with DD - she leaned over too far and fell a few times Anyone else have a little daredevil?
February 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Yup. he started pushing things that he can step on in front of tables and counters too. So he can just climb up and fall down.

February 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet thank goodness! He's unsteady enough on his feet! Twice tonight he fell into the table just walking (didn't help he was so tired)
I'm dreading those daredevil days!

February 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melina is almost there. I don't want her to figure it out, but she figured out with a pillow on the floor she can usually reach a remote or phone that has been pushed out of her reach. Terd she is.
She knows how to turn the radio up at the babysitters and will turn off and on our tv all the time now.
As for being on furniture, she thinks she's a monkey so even if I'm sitting right next to her I'm afraid she is going to fall and hurt herself. So I usually sit on the floor to read her books or sit in the recliner with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 20th, 2013, 06:14 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yuuppp, Joe thinks the living room is JUST for the sole purpose of him to climb and jump...

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
February 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WE have a climber too...Jon is into everything....and gets mad if he can't push the stool to get something he wants!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search