Birthday parties

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mummy to great girls
With 6 months or so to go for most of our LO's, do you plan on having a 2nd Birthday party for them? Is this something you will do every year?

With another August baby on the way, we are thinking that August might get expensive to have parties every year so we are planning on doing the BIG milestone ones and it will probably be combined ones too. I'm actually glad to be having the c-section well in advance of Zoe's 2nd birthday as my due date is just too close and I dont want them sharing a birth date!

February 18th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We will have a party every year. We'll probably do another home party this year just like we did last year. I like having a summer baby...pool parties, BBQs, things like that are easy to plan!

February 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG! After the 1st birthday party I don't even want to think about the 2nd party. LOL No one told me how stressful birthday parties for little ones can be. My family is supposed to be taking a cruise this August and if Mya and I go I'll celebrate her birthday on the cruise and then just do a small cake and sing Happy Birthday with family on the actual day at home. She definitely will not be having huge birthday parties every year, I just don't think they're necessary and I never had them or wanted them every year growing up. I don't think there's anything wrong with having small intimate parties and/or dinner with close family some years. Having parties for the milestone years isn't a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
We will have a party every year. We'll probably do another home party this year just like we did last year. I like having a summer baby...pool parties, BBQs, things like that are easy to plan!
I think that's one of the good things about having summer babies. We don't have to rent halls we can just have a BBQ. I'm sure her next party will be a BBQ again but I'll start planning a few months in advance so I'm not running around at the last minute and stressed to the max!
February 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we will be doing a party for him. I'm not sure if I want to a separate one for each kid or have them together this year. I might do a double one this year just because it is one of the last years I'll be able to do that for kaitlyn before she starts school and gets more friends etc.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Yep! We'll definitely do a party every year For us it will be Tucker's birthdays that suck, being 9 days before Christmas!
February 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, as you have probably figured out from my past posts, I love birthday parties! The kids get family parties with extended family invited until they start school then they get friend parties likely until they are about 10. After that I'll start just doing an activity like a movie or bowling or something with 1 or 2 friends.

February 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We only didnt have a party for Katelynn when she turned 3 but we went all out at Disneyland for 3 days instead. We do parties every year. I love celebrating each year of their life.

February 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
r&lsmama
This year we planned our first family vacation the week of Layla's birthday. When we get back we will have a family dinner and do cake/presents.
February 18th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will do something every year. I think birthdays are really the only day you get to celebrate yourself so I usually go all out.

February 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We plan to do at least a small party every year. This year might be a bit different since dh (and most of our friends that we would invite) are all away. I'm thinking we'll just wait til they get back to have a get together. And me and her will have cake and some presents just the two of us on get actual birthday.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

February 18th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
our kidlets get a party each year, at least one but sometimes three depending on when the grandparents are able to come celebrate
February 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We'll do something small with family. No big parties after the 1st.
February 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We celebrate every year, but do not do a party every year. They get a party at 3, 6, 9, 12, and so on.
First birthdays is a vacation. Second we do something small with family and take them somewhere fun.
S/N Xavier will be 2 in THREE months. Whoa!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search