A question about our future as a board

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 2 Post By Rachel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies. There aren't very many of us around these days and posting is at an all time low with the majority of topics posted by us hosts. We've tried very hard to keep the board alive and nothing seems to work. How would you guys feel about merging our board with August? They have quite a few more people than we do and the traffic rate would be much higher. There would be more topics to read about and some great new people to meet. Everything is very preliminary right now and we will have more details in the future.

How do you feel about this? Do you have any questions?

February 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Bump

February 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's a good idea but would love to hear what other mamas have to say!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

February 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Compared to my other boards on JM, we are downright busy

Not sure how I feel about trying to merge into an established group.
February 22nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
From what I understand the merger would be June (which dosen't have any regular posters and no hosts), July (which has 3-5 regular posters and no hosts), August (which has a pretty good amount of posters and one host) and us which we have about 5 posters and with two hosts. Everyone would be expected us and everyone is for it over there so we would be welcome with open arms. Everyone seems to be really nice and involved with the board.

They regularly have contests, chat threads, gift exchanges, polls, and there will be more posts to read and comment on.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It matters not to me. I don't post that often and haven't really been around much since my mom died. I just haven't had the energy. I think it would be nice to talk to more moms.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajars2531 View Post
It matters not to me. I don't post that often and haven't really been around much since my mom died. I just haven't had the energy. I think it would be nice to talk to more moms.
HUGS!! Didn't realize your mom died. I'm so sorry! Hang in there mama
Leogirl likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

February 24th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Here is some updated info for everyone: Both Ashley and I will remain hosts as long as we want to. There will be a total of 4 hosts (the one from August, a new one, and both of us). Our birth stories will be moved into a large birth story thread but you may want to back them up just in case. Our extra boards (recipes,ect) will be deleated so if there is anything you want to save from them you'll need to do that.

I posted a poll so that everyone gets a chance to vote on if we do this or not. If you have any questions please let us know. Please go vote!

February 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Just to clarify, nothing will actually be deleted. All the posts from the subforums would just be moved back to the main board.
Leogirl and bajars2531 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search