Books!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Rae~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM
r&lsmama
What books are you reading to your littles lately?

Do they sit for the whole book?

Are they participating in the book (pointing out things on pages, or saying worlds of the book, ect)?
February 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We read the belly button book and Hippos Go Berserk. He likes to turn the pages and go back pages lol.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
February 21st, 2013, 11:05 AM
r&lsmama
We read a lot of dr Seuss, the me and my daddy book, guess how much I love you, and the shapes book.

She usually sits for the whole book. If its a longer dr Seuss, usually about 75% of the time.

right now she's big into pointing things out. look mommy a doggie, look Ryan a cat. Things like that. She also enjoys turning the pages.
February 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They have 4-500 books, literally. They inherited my old classroom library.
These days he loves "No David!" by David Shannon.

He loves to be read to & reading independently. He points things out & labels them.
R&Lsmama likes this.

February 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He loves any of the Sandra Boynton books. He turns the pages and points to some things. He also loves any of the Brown Bear, Brown Bear set.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
February 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We have a ton, but I can't think of any of the titles off the top of my head. He usually lets me read the whole thing, but often he'll grab it and turn the pages himself and "read" it.
February 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We read every night and sometimes during. the day. We also have a huge library. so we almost never reread close. together.
ugh.....still getting used to this keyboard

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What books are you reading to your littles lately? We have a lot of books so it's a long list. He likes the shorter ones with lots of different pictures in them.

Do they sit for the whole book? He will if it's short

Are they participating in the book (pointing out things on pages, or saying worlds of the book, ect)? Yes, he especially loves to point out animals (and make the noises), and vehicles (tractors, bikes, car, truck etc).

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mummy to great girls
We have heaps of books here which she likes to turn the pages and point to things. We dont really get to 'read' to her because the pages are being turned way too quickly :-)

February 22nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee has TONS of books!!!!!!!!!! We read all different kinds. I tell her to grab a book and she picks one then we cuddle on the couch and read. Sometimes she "reads" to me and other times, I read to her and she points at the pictures. We have a few of those books that you feel parts of the book. She loves those. We don't read really long ones because she gets bored.

My SIL and brother got her a tag junior for Christmas and it has two books. We "read" the ABC book all the time.

February 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
ChristyO's Avatar Regular
Haley LOVES our Eric Carle books, esp Brown Bear and Hungry Caterpillar. I used to, a long time ago, work as a sales rep for Random House and so I have two big boxes of beautiful picture books just waiting for her (I picked them out in my 20's for my future kids!) but she'd be trying to rip and eat them at this age so it's just board/cloth/tub books til then!

Last edited by ChristyO; February 22nd, 2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Typo
February 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The twins love reading, especially ayla. They both love their baby baluga book as well as "where is bab y's puppy.

They usually it.
February 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Colton would happily bring me book after book all day long. He lives them. His absolute favourite right now is grumpy bird. I'm pretty animated when I read so everyone stops to watch when it's a good one lol. My daughters tell me I have to stop reading so good cause they always start reading books with him and he grabs the book to bring to me lol.
He also loves the cranky bear, the gruffalo and gossie. He points to some stuff in the books for labelling and turns pages. He's just starting to really look through them on his own.

[/url
February 25th, 2013, 05:41 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
E loooooves books, although he usually won't sit through a whole book when we read to him. He likes to turn pages too much. One of his current faves is a Sesame Street book with bubbles (he likes to say bubbles!). He loves the touch & feel books too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search