Thursday Travel

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you traveled with LO yet? If so how did it go?
Do you have any travel plans?
Any tips or questions for traveling with little ones?

February 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Car trips have gone ok. She has her first plane trip next month so we'll see how that goes!
February 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We've done 2 plane trips (one at 5 months and then just a few weeks ago) and several 5 hour road trips. For road trips I try and usually hold off her nap until we are ready to leave. Or, plan that she'll take a nap about an hour into the trip. I pack lots of snacks and a portable dvd player or laptop. And, when awake I'd try and stop about 30 to an hour into her awake time and let her run around and stretch her legs a bit.

When flying - at 5 months I just bf'd her when she started to fuss (even if more often then she usually ate) to keep her quite and calm. More recently I just gave her her pacifier or a snack when taking off and landing or try and plan for her nap to finish around the time we are landing so she'll be asleep and wouldn't notice her ears bothering her as much. She had toys and lots to drink and a variety of snacks to keep her busy. I packed the dvd player but she never used it on the flight. About 2 different times I'd let her get out and walk the aisle and let her stretch her legs before sitting back down.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

February 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
No I haven't traveled much with Carson, I have flown several times with my older 3 boys - all of them vs me on a plane was... well, not as bad as I thought lol. We are thinking of driving to DC this summer on a little vacation/road trip and I'm a bit worried because he doesn't really care much for being in the car but he'll be older so he might be better by summer in the car. My biggest issue is that every trip we take at least one, if not two of my boys get car sick and that's never fun!

Facebook
February 25th, 2013, 10:24 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caeden flew when he was 10 months and again at 16 months--both times went well. Though the second time I was thinking next time he will have to have his own seat. It was a bit more difficult as he wanted to run around more the second time around. I put him in my Beco carrier though and that helped a lot. I recommend keeping them strapped to you--it gives them less options to get into mischief.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search