Babies on bottles

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By amrose
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ~Momma*2011~
  • 1 Post By kazarmo
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 1 Post By ratladee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Julka
For those of you who's babies are/were taking a bottle... who is still taking a bottle? When do you plan to completely 'wean' them off the bottle? If you already have, how did it go?
February 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Hunter only has a bottle at night. I wish I could get rid of those too but he cuddles with his bottle at night and I'm just not ready for that fight yet...
Julka likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary is still on the bottle. We are working on it though. He usually has no problem with the sippy during the day and LOVES a regular cup too. But if he spots a bottle he wants it.
Julka likes this.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
February 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Caylyn is off the bottle except for at night. It's a comfort thing for her.
Julka likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lina only gets a bottle now in the morning. However that is going to have to change here pretty quick because all of her bottles just started leaking like a mofo. haha

I've had to throw 2 out. Pretty sure the other 3 have/are leaking too.
She does great on a sippy cup but we like to give her the first morning bottle with cuddles ya know. Lately though she is not really much into cuddling for more then a minute, especially if the kitty is around.
Julka likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 25th, 2013, 11:35 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cody gets two bottles a day - one in the morning and one at night. I'm in no hurry. Probably over the next few months I'll taper down to one bottle a day and then none at all.
Julka likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
She doesn't get bottles at daycare at all. I'm sure if I just cut them out cold turkey she wouldn't even notice. But I just have to snuggle my Pea when she drinks her bottle at night.
Julka likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Julka
Sebastian has been on 2 bottles a day for a while now (morning & bedtime). But lately he isn't too interested in the morning one - like today, he drank about a 1/4 and refused the rest. He has done that a few times now. I end up pouring the milk into a sippy and he drinks that on & off for a bit. He still likes his bedtime bottle daddy gives him, though. So I might take out the morning one & just do a sippy with milk. But keep the evening for a bit longer.
February 25th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
She is only using a bottle. It took me 5 different ones to find a bottle she would take. Sippy's are ending up the same way. Can't find one she likes so I just have given up the battle for now.

February 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No bottles here. I am still bf'ing but really wanting to wean but Jon does not do well with the sippy cup. I offer him water and rice milk (he's allergic to milk) in the cup but he only takes a few sips and then throws it down. Today at the sitter's he only took a few sips of water. I'm torn with what to do. I think I'm going to buy a cup with a straw and see if he likes that better. Because of his allergy I'm on a dairy free diet and am ready to eat like normal!!! argh!~ frustrating. My girls both transitioned so well to the cup....I'm not quite sure what to do.
February 26th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I love my family!!!
Noah hasn't had a bottle in a while, other than when I went out of town for work and DH had to give him his night-time mommy's milk. He drinks out of a cup at daycare and a sippy cup here at home. He does still nurse a couple of times in the evening, and once, maybe twice during the night.
February 27th, 2013, 02:39 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Well according to my babysitter, Gary hates bottles lol! For her he will ONLY drink at of a regular cup lol. Hmm interesting. She coulnt believe that he would drink a bottle at home, bc he never will for her.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
February 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn still gets 2 bottles, one in the morning and one in the evening. I am glad to hear some of you still give bottles. I was sure I was the only one!

Born 11/19/11
February 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going this weekend to pick up some cups like my dd uses. He goes nuts for them! He's constantly drinking her drinks. I've tried more 'babyish' cups but no dice.
He is still on bottles but I'm thinking to just switch, he doesn't seem too attached. And he barely ever drinks his bedtime bubba. I usually end up throwing it in the fridge for morning.

March 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Julka
I took out the morning bottle and just serve him breakfast right away instead, he transitioned very smoothly still gonna keep the evening one for a bit longer, tho.
March 17th, 2013, 10:33 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We lucked out, Joe cared less when we took his bottles away back in November.

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Julka
We've been bottle free for about 2 weeks now, it's been great!
March 17th, 2013, 10:40 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been bottle free since just before Mason turned 1. Luckily he just refused them so there was no weaning or struggle. DD was like that too.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search