Vomiting/Baby #2

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 06:16 AM
First Time Mommy
I couldn't figure out how to word the title. I get migraines. I haven't had one in a long time until yesterday. I was packing and cleaning house and I got a huge headache. So I took a nap (tried to) while Brynlee was napping. I took one of the pills I had from my wisdom teeth being taken out. Didn't help. And that's strong medicine! We went to MIL's at 5pm for dinner. I still couldn't get over my migraine. Then I got really nauseous so I was trying to nibble on crackers to help my stomach. And all of a sudden I got super hot. I had to go over to the grass and vomit. I couldn't eat dinner so I just went and rested on MIL's bed while everyone ate. When we got home, I had to rush to the bathroom and throw up again. I know most people don't like being nauseous or throwing up, but I seriously HATE it. It just makes me so upset and it's so awful. I was in pain because my stomach was cramping horribly from throwing up.

I took a shower and went to bed at 8pm. While I was laying there, I just got so upset thinking that I don't want to have baby #2 if my pregnancy will be ANYTHING like it was with Brynlee. I was so sick and I just felt so crappy 24/7. At this point, that is enough to make me only have one child. I know that we want another one, but I don't think I can go through being so sick again. I know that every pregnancy is different and I could be perfectly fine with Baby #2, but that's a risk I'd have to take and I don't want to take it!!

I don't even know how to get over this fear. Our plan is to get off birth control at the end of July or early August. So honestly, I don't have that long to overcome this feeling that I have. I don't think it has anything to do with not being ready for another one or anything like that. It's just that I can still remember how sick I was with Brynlee. Throwing up every day, many times a day, at school. Not being able to put my feet on the ground in the morning without first eating half a package of saltines. I had to eat peppermints and lemon drop candy all day to try to help with the nausea. I threw up and peed ALL OVER myself at a restaurant. Ugh. I know some of yall remember that post, lol...

Anyway...I know some of you are very sick during all of your pregnancies (Brittanie), but is there anyone else who deals with this in order to go ahead and have another??

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
March 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) I assume since you're moving you'll need a new doctor. I would see if you can't see a new doctor before you start trying and explain your fears and how sick you were. I can't remember if you were taking Zofran or something like that or not with Brynlee. I know that Brittanie was only able to function while taking it.
March 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mummy to great girls
HUGS!!! I agree with Rachel to check with your new doctor. I dont have any advise really because the ms with this one was WAY worse than with Zoe and has cemented my decision to never get pregnant again. But as you mentioned, it could be the other way round from your first pregnancy.....you could have it really easy the next time :-) and I hope it really is for you.

PS....I got so excited when I read the title of your post!

March 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
If it makes you feel any better I wasn't half as sick with Tucker as I was with Kaylee! Unforunately it's not something you can plan (or no woman would ever be sick lol) so it's just a chance you have to take!
March 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS! I think it's best if you really want to have two children, to try not to think about it. And once your pregnant whats done is done and hopefully you will have a better experience. Being sick is awful. I can't remember if you took anything for it last time? maybe you could look into that? When you think about how awesome and worth it they are in the end perhaps you will be able to feel ready eventually

OR you could totally just have one!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 4th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was like you Mandy where I was so freaking sick the whole time. It was miserable until I was put on zofran and one the nauseas was gone omg I actually enjoyed my pregnancy. I'm wondering if they could prescribe that early on if you start getting really sick right away.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It may not be that bad!
I was sick with Layla, but with Xavier I was super hungry and suffered from headaches. Things were totally different.

March 4th, 2013, 06:36 PM
r&lsmama
Aw hugs! I hope the second time will be easier for you. I was super sick with Ryan (the whole 9 months), but barley sick with Layla. It may not be bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search