23 1/2 month old not sleeping at night!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I've been a member of Just Mommies for a while but have never visited this board before. My name is Courtney, I have a daughter who was born March 26, 2011. She was a great sleeper....at first. For the past, I don't even know how long, she hasn't been sleeping through the night!! She wakes up at least once or more a night about 5-6 nights a week, she cries and cries. If we get her up, she's completely fine. I dont' understand, I always blame it on teething but i'm beginning to think that's just not it. She goes to the Dr. in a couple weeks, I'm going to ask him about it as well. It's just so strange, she was such a great sleeper, now all of the sudden in the past 6-8 months, she wakes up several times a night. My husband brought her in our room last night, he ended up sleeping on the floor, she slept in bed with me and slept the WHOLE rest of the night....??? I rarely go in there and get her out of bed, when I look at her on the monitor she's almost always just laying there on her belly crying, most of the time she doesn't even lift her head? Anyone else having the same problem?
March 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm no help, we still co-sleep, and my daughter has never slept through the night. Could she be afraid of the dark? or of something else in the room? I hope you can figure it out soon.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I've noticed that when my children have issues with teething that they can go on for weeks or months before the teeth show up. Case in point, DD1 had a 3 month food strike which resolved when her molars showed up.

I have a 22 month old who has never had a night without waking up at least twice. She has had some long stretches in there esp. in the early night but even then I dont think she manages the 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep to qualify as STTN. I would lean towards that what your daughter is going through is normal. There is something going on whether physical or mental which causes her to need you more during the night. One thing I learned for my first that there was really no reason to stress over sleep regressions because they always resolve themselves in the end. I saved myself a lot of trouble by just waiting them out rather than stressing about fixing a problem.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
March 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My children, other than one, haven't been all night sleepers. So at this age I just go in when they wake up, tell them it is still sleepy time, lay them down, pat their belly/back depending on how they lay down. But them in the wee hours of the morning when Zane wakes up (born March 11, 2011) I bring him into bed with me.

I hope you can to this PR more often! We'd love to get to know you.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search