OT: heavy heart :(

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM
First Time Mommy
A former female student from my school committed suicide last night. Her brother is in 8th grade at my school. Their little brother found her hanging in her closet and told his mom that she was sleeping in the closet.

I'm not one who deals well with death...at all. She wasn't a student that I was close to or anything. I just don't get it. I know one can never fully understand why someone commits suicide, but it's even harder to understand when it's a teen or child. She was seriously one of the sweetest, prettiest (inside and out) girls I have ever met. I just can't understand what she was going through. I wish she had someone to talk to, someone to help her.

;(

Keeping Up With The Petrosians
March 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so sad sending t&p out to those who knew her and her family. My sister attempted suicide as a teen. Luckily she used pills and just got really sick and had to get her stomach pumped. I couldn't imagine my life or my family's without her and after that night she regretted ever doing it. I had a therapist tell me before that if you ever feel like taking your life see how you feel in the morning. Times are tough but when we act in the moment we do things that can't be reversed. So so sad

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 8th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Super Mommy
That's so sad. I too don't understand. Kids are just so innocent and sweet. To think that they could be going through anything in life that would be that challenging to deal with is sad. The fact that it happens is sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

March 8th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How awful

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
March 8th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So sad

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

March 8th, 2013, 09:53 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mandy I'm so sorry to hear that. Definitely very sad.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's terrible. My former bff's nephew hung himself in the garage a year and a half ago. Her sister in law pulled into the garage and saw him hanging there.
Like the student you described, he was a great kid with seemingly no issues. No answers. I think that makes it harder.

March 9th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your loss. There just aren't any right words for this type of situation.

March 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Mandy. I take death hard too. It's too permanent, as stupid as it sounds. I have only known one person who committed suicide. We were both 24 and he was a friend of mine. He shot himself in the head. Years and years went by and I kept thinking I wished he would have let me help him somehow. It's hard not to blame yourself. It took me a long time to realize it wasn't my fault.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
March 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That is so sad! I'm sorry Amanda! ((hugs))
March 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
r&lsmama
That's awful. I'm sorry to hear this, and thoughts go out to her family.
March 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
:-( sorry to hear, Mandy.

My best friend committed suicide almost 4 years ago, and I am still dealing with it. I will never understand truly why he did it, but I have come to terms with it. It is a hard type of death to deal with.
March 11th, 2013, 05:04 AM
ChristyO's Avatar Regular
Oh Mandy I'm so sorry

I'm sad to say that I have known and known of a handful of people who have taken their own lives. One was a close friend, she had been molested as a child by her father and couldn't get past it. So tragic. Another time, I used to work with a woman whose sister committed suicide in the late 90's at age 15. It was a fairly big news story at the time in LA because she and a female friend the same age bound their wrists together and jumped off of a cliff late one night. Everyone was so shocked. I wasn't super close to my co worker so I never asked her why, but I still remember her reading me part of a poem she'd written about her sister, something like "did you have a last minute moment of panic and regret as you fell, or did you only feel freedom as the ground rushed up to meet you?" Shudder...I remember that after all those years.

Sadly, so many young people are at increased risk for suicide because the limbic system (which generates emotions and impulses) develops faster than the frontal lobe of the cerebrum (which controls those emotions and impulses) so they are in danger of making rash, dramatic decisions. I pray that my daughter will always be able to come to me for help if she ever needs it
March 11th, 2013, 05:04 AM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear that

E: 8/18/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search