And the worrying begins!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Evan sleeps ALL THE TIME. I don't really remember how much Will slept as a newborn but I'm a little worried that Evan sleeps too much, i dont want him to be lethargic/sick. Or is this normal for a newborn/preemie? He wakes to eat only half the time. He is gaining weight but he only stays awake for long enough to eat then he falls back asleep for hours.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
March 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Preemies tire easily. I was given instructions to wake them to eat until they gained a set number of ounces. Can't remember how much. Undressing them before eating helps. Once weight gain wasn't an issue (probably at the 4 week visit) our pedi said let them sleep & that they'd wake when hungry. She was right.

March 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I didn't have a preemie, but it's totally normal for newborns to sleep a lot.
March 12th, 2013, 07:12 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic slept A LOT! so I think it is quite normal. I used to have to wake him up for feedings.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I had a preemie and it is completely normal. Zachary used to fall asleep as he was eating. And then they start getting their nights and days mixed up.
March 12th, 2013, 09:00 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I don't have any advice about preemies but I hope that these mamas help ease your mind
Can you call the dr just to ask about it?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
March 13th, 2013, 09:06 AM
r&lsmama
I didn't have a preemie, but just want to say newborns sleep a ton. I hope you can get some good advice
March 13th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ayla and Silas were only 3 weeks early, but Silas slept A LOT. I mean, most of the day for a good few months. Ayla, not so much. Silas would sleep easily 18 hours a day. My nephew was the same way.
March 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Yep, preemies sleep tons. I always had to pump and fortify breast milk so they would get extra calories without having to eat more since they were constantly sleeping. They become more alert, just like regular babies, you just need to remember to adjust his age.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 14th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have preemies but I remember with Joshua all the kid did was sleep, wake up to eat, and then go back to sleep for a couple hrs. It was that cycle for awhile. I look back now and wish he would sleep that much just so i can stuff done around the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search