How can you tell when you're child is ready for a nap?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Or bedtime?

Do do you do nap and bedtime at the same time every day?
March 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nap time and bedtime are close to the same time everyday. It varies within a half hour either way depending on what we are doing that day.

It's easy to tell when DS is ready for a nap or bed, he tells you "night night" gives you a kiss and aims himself towards the stairs.
FallinWoman and Field Mouse like this.

March 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're pretty scheduled over here, so I pop him in his crib when it's time for bed & he goes to sleep. Occasionally he'll ask to go early, & that's usually in the form of acting up or crying.

March 13th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Kim
Evan collects his bedtime things (soother, blankie and sometimes a book) and heads to the stairs when he's ready. His naptime and bedtimes are generally around the same time, but we're flexible.

March 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
His naptime varies greatly. He lets me know by coming to me an asking to nurse. And by asking I mean flopping on the floor in an overly dramatic fashion.

Bedtime is more consistent. He and his brother get a 30 minute show while drinking milk. Then he nurses. Then he marches straight to his room.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
March 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
We put her down at the same time every day (or pretty close)!

She just looks exhausted when she's tired.
March 13th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Veteran
Josie starts rubbing her eyes or twirling her hair. She also gets much slower with her movements. She's generally within 30 minutes of both nap and bedtime, but sometimes naps are off by more. Twirling her hair is the biggest sign. It's so cute!
March 13th, 2013, 04:42 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bedtime is usually pretty close to the same time. I put him down when he starts to get a bit more irritable, looks tired, or it starts to get way past his bedtime. Naps are a bit more inconsistent. He usually lets me know he's ready for that by getting his pillow and blanket out.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 13th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We do bed time and nap time at same time. Daylight savings has thrown things off a bit but were working on getting back to normal. If he's tired earlier he usually rubs his eyes, lays down, or becomes overly emotional.

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua ends up laying on the floor with his blankie and paci when he is super tired. This mainly happens at night.

For naptimes he may do the same thing but usually he tends to get very cranky and clingy. Naptimes are never consistent. Bedtime lately has been a little more consistent.
March 14th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee usually gets more tired and grumpy. Sometimes she'll start twirling her hair but that's usually once we give her the pacifier.

Bedtime is usually within 30 mins (later usually though on weekends so DH and I can try and sleep in a little). Naps are inconsistent and whenever she wants to nap.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
March 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rae~ View Post
We're pretty scheduled over here, so I pop him in his crib when it's time for bed & he goes to sleep. Occasionally he'll ask to go early, & that's usually in the form of acting up or crying.
ditto.

Nap time is usually around 1:30 every day, but some days she starts getting cranky earlier. She does not have a ton of words yet, but when she starts getting cranky I'll ask her if she needs a nap and usually she looks up at me all sad and says "yeah."
March 14th, 2013, 05:59 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
E started walking up the stairs all by himself today when he wanted to go to bed! He still played around a little in his room as I was preparing his bath and everything, but after bath and reading, he went straight to his crib!

E: 8/18/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search