Soft Spots

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 12:26 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Does LO still have them? How old is LO?

Kaylee still has hers on top at 19 months and the NP seemed concerned. Research online says it should be closed by 19 months.

Just curious
March 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xavier's closed on the early side of normal. I believe he was 11-12 months. I was scared as hell, but everything worked out just fine. I think it closed so early because of his head's growth pattern. His head grew really fast right before the soft spot closed, then slowed down to a more normal growth pattern.

March 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan's is closed. He's 19.5 months. I'm not sure when it closed cause I never noticed till you posted this.
March 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee's closed a long time ago. I can't remember exactly when, but the big red strawberry on top of her head went away, too. She's almost 20 months old.

(Wait what?? 20 months???)

March 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure Alex's is closed. I haven't felt her head to find out but the doctor hasn't said anything about it so I guess we're fine.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

March 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy5586 View Post
Brynlee's closed a long time ago. I can't remember exactly when, but the big red strawberry on top of her head went away, too. She's almost 20 months old.

(Wait what?? 20 months???)
Hah I had a moment like that when someone asked how old Alex was yesterday and I said 18 months. Then my brain was like "wait! it's 19, almost 20! where the heck did last month go!?"

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

March 13th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah!! I called a daycare today that I really want to get Brynlee into and the lady asked me how old she was and I said, "Almost 19 months" then I was like NO WAIT...she will be almost 20 months when she starts. Oops!!

Every time I think about us "TTCing" when Brynlee turns 2, I'm like uh wait that's not very far away......!
CoreenaC and tricia_16_ like this.

March 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Kim
Evan's is almost closed. As far as I know, up to 2 years is normal. I think Jenna's was still a little open at this point, but was definitely closed by 2.

March 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
r&lsmama
Hers is closed.
March 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic's is closed, I am not sure when it did though as I hadn't checked in a long time.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I had no idea that I was even supposed to check! Kaylee's is still quite large. At least two inches square, maybe bigger.

I read that up until 2 is normal too, but my nurse practitioner called and said she talked with the doctor and he wants to refer her to a pediatrician for it! I hear wait lists are quite long here though, so I doubt she will even get in before she's two lol and then hopefully it will be a non-issue!
March 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think Tristan has his but I never really checked. His pedi hasn't said anything about it so I assume its closed?

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
March 17th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Happy Mommy
at 18 month appt she still had a small area, we were told needs to be closed by 2 is all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search