Tantrums

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 07:11 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So the tantrums have started. Big time. Maybe if they started this early they'll end early! Cody seriously goes to town with screaming, throwing himself on the floor, kicking his legs - but the most disturbing is banging his head on things. For a few weeks now he's had tiny bruises all along his forehead. I think it's mainly from the tantrums he has in his crib. I'll hear him cry during the night and bang against the side of his crib. I don't want to run in his room every time I hear him because he won't want to be put back down. It's so frustrating - I know you're supposed to ignore tantrums because intervening can make it worse, but he's so little still And he's grabbing and pulling at his gums something awful. I think he's getting more teeth and doesn't know how to express himself with the pain he's feeling. I honestly spend most of my day trying to keep Cody safe. It's getting quite tiring.
March 18th, 2013, 07:21 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We aren't there yet, thankfully. Lina is teething for sure but she expresses it in constant fussiness. That gets so old..
So I understand your pain. This stage can get difficult because they don't yet know how to talk but try so hard to express themselves. Oh I get they say words here and there but nothing concrete that says momma I want food, I'm hungry, or i'm tired. I see the signs and can usually read what Lina wants but not always.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

March 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Im starting to see signs..like the hands over the face whining when I say no more cookies lol

March 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Loves Kate!
We don't have it quite that badly. Katelyn gets so frustrated when she wants something but I don't understand. We just have lots of fussiness and crying. The real tantrums are when I take something away!

Born 11/19/11
March 18th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Nope, not here. All I have to do is put Cody down while I dump the pot of pasta into the strainer in the sink (not about to do that while holding him!) and he's down on the floor doing his thing. He just started daycare a month ago so I'm sure he misses me during the day. But they say aside from him crying when I leave and when I pick him up, he doesn't really cry during the day. When we're home and I leave the room for a second to throw something in the garbage, he freaks out instantly. If I have him on my lap while I'm watching TV, he'll start squirming to get down, but once I put him down, he starts flailing on the floor and reaching up toward me Long story short....I don't eat, shower, talk on the phone, or do any chores until he's in bed! Which is tough because I have to get up at 5:30 am for work!

ETA - DH almost had me cancel the professional pics because of the bruises on Cody's head! I pulled his bangs down over is forehead just enough to conceal them

Last edited by ShelleyB80; March 18th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
March 19th, 2013, 06:34 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Gary never cares when i leave him haha! He never pulls the whining w the sitter either. He's really well behaved anyway, I'll take the occassional whine over not sleeping & being a crankster any day

March 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Gary never cares when i leave him haha! He never pulls the whining w the sitter either. He's really well behaved anyway, I'll take the occassional whine over not sleeping & being a crankster any day
OMG you are so lucky Last night I sat down to eat dinner at 8pm once I got Cody in bed. I cooked the food so my other kids could eat, but there's no way I was sitting down to relax unless he was in bed! I told the daycare owner what's been going on, and she was so surprised! I'm glad to hear he does well during the day. It's like devil child when we get home!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search