Just Between Friends update

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Hazel
  • 1 Post By Rachel
  • 1 Post By r&lsmama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know I mentioned that I'd try and update about how I did selling at the JBF sale. Well, I was excited and decided to start a new thread.

We made $257.48!!!!! I never dreamed we'd make that much! And, that is after they took their 30% and $15 fee. I though if we come home with $75 - $100 I'd be happy! We brought 183 items and came home with only 46 All those hours of going through things really paid off, and it was actually fun! I was excited and had to share!

So, mamas if you know of a JBF sale (or something similar) around your area it may be worth it to give it a try. And, those that like to donate items, you have an option when tagging your items that if they don't sell you can donate them. I didn't donate my items this time as we have another sell coming up next month but those that did it went to the local food bank and family services.
Rachel, Leogirl, Hazel and 1 others like this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
March 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
March 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
That's awesome Ashley!
March 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the jbf sale for buying. We just had one locally and i totally scored some new clothes and toys for joshua and my daughter. i had considered selling maybe i might for their fall season.
Which location of jbf did you sell at? just curious if it's one of them near me.
March 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
r&lsmama
Sounds awesome!!
March 20th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt View Post
I love the jbf sale for buying. We just had one locally and i totally scored some new clothes and toys for joshua and my daughter. i had considered selling maybe i might for their fall season.
Which location of jbf did you sell at? just curious if it's one of them near me.

I just sold at the one in Sacramento CA. But, some of my friends from TX just sold at the Ft. Worth sell and they did VERY good also. I was really surprised at how fast the profits add up!

What area do you live?
March 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
That's great! The sales here generally have clothes for $1 a piece. What do they sell for there?

[/url
March 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I just sold at the one in Sacramento CA. But, some of my friends from TX just sold at the Ft. Worth sell and they did VERY good also. I was really surprised at how fast the profits add up!

What area do you live?
I just went to the one in San Mateo. So not too far from Sac.

I think i have really got to get my stuff together and sell. I went on the first day open to the public and people were pushing out cartloads of clothes and things. And then i went on the last day and people were snagging everything they could that was 1/2 off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post
That's great! The sales here generally have clothes for $1 a piece. What do they sell for there?
I wish ours was that inexpensive. The cheapiest i've found before the 1/2 sale is about $2. Either way it isn't too bad especially considering the brands and how short of time the kids are in them. I got Joshua an outside play slide toy thing for $75 and it usually retails over $300. That's what i try and look for mainly when i go these.
March 20th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post

I also wish ours was this inexpensive!! I agree, most things are about $2 or more. I generally price between $2 - $4 depending on brand and how nice the outfit. But, mainly around $2-3. I did price some onesies for just $0.50 but I didn't see anything else that cheap. I tried to put outfits together and sell as a set. Rompers for about $1.50 or $2 - $2.50 if Gymboree or other nice brand or as cheap as $1 if nothing special or not really cute. Pants or skirts around $2 - $2.50 and outfits around $2.50 - $3 and same with dresses. Again, nice dresses or name brands $4. Shoes I priced about $2-3 except some nice pairs were $4-5 (like new gymboree sandals that Kynslee never wore were $5)

Since DH and I volunteered and were selling we got to get in the day before the public and the lines were also long then. We got there about 1pm on day before open to public and most of my bigger items (bumbo & a small toy kitchen) were already sold and my bouncer sold that evening!! And, I saw other seller's items with SOLD tags already on them. That's another nice thing about selling - you get to go before the public and snag even better deals!!
March 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt View Post
I just went to the one in San Mateo. So not too far from Sac.
That's cool you are kinda close!! Hi neighbor - LOL!!! You really should try selling at the Fall sale. It takes time tagging, especially your first sale, but it's totally worth it!!!
March 22nd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
That's cool you are kinda close!! Hi neighbor - LOL!!! You really should try selling at the Fall sale. It takes time tagging, especially your first sale, but it's totally worth it!!!
Now if only we were a little closer. LOL. I think the only other person semi close to me is Jacque, but both of you are probably 3-4 hrs away from me.

Ya I think that's the only thing that deters me from selling is having to set up all the clothes. Personally I love the idea that they do with the safety pins and the hangers. Makes life easy when shopping for the items. Although this time around i noticed sellers were taping over the safety pins therefore made it harder to take them off. As a seller I can see just how time consuming all that is. I was wondering do they supply you with all the hangers and safety pins or do you have to buy them?

Ya all the big baby gear items go so fast. The prices are just so right that it beats retail by a landslide. I see pictures that they post up on their fb page the night before the sales starts and of course by the time it opens to the public a lot of the big items are gone since the sellers get to go in early. That's almost the perk which makes me want to try and sell.
March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I think it'd be closer to 3 hours as it takes about 2 hrs to get to San Francisco so I think 3 would be about right.

The time it takes is worth the profit I say. I only used safety pins on clothes and just tape on bigger items that I couldn't pin. You have to buy your own pins and hangers but I spent like $12 and to me that was worth it for the money I made. If you do decide to sell, try and sign up as a seller about a month before and start entering tags right away so you don't have to wait until the very last. It's really fun once you do it and especially if you are able to make money from it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search