Just updating...sorry so long and late.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
inlove08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. Ya sorry things have been nutty. I haven't slept much. Between Madalyn wanting to sleep on me and her night day confusion......
We have Emma in toddler bed. So she falls out here and there, which hubby has been getting up and helping with that. Madalyn won't sleep more than 15 min in her bassinet. She wants to be on my chest or on my boob.

I am excited that breast feeding worked out this time. I am still new at it and confused alot. But I'm winging it. She had a 15 min crying attach yesterday and wouldn't latch. I couldn't calm her down at all. I wonder if it was the cereal and milk I had yesterday morning. Her poop seems slightly more watery that the last couple days.

Ya the spinal didn't take. I didn't feel the cutting per say..... but I felt her fingers pulling, the tools pulling, the pressure and more. OMG!! I was in and out the whole time. I guess hubby said I passed out a couple times from pain. No one could get me to calm down. Finally they pulled Madalyn out, and I felt relief. I cried...cried for relief and cried cause no more pain. Then BAM more pain....removing placenta and such. At that point the anesthesiologist (sp?) gave me pain meds to knock me out and calm me down. I don't remember anything after that point. I was wheeled into recovery and I woke up and asked for Madalyn. I wanted to try to feed. The nurse asked if I could move my legs. I lifted them off the table and bent my knees....she was shocked. She said i SHOULD NOT be moving my legs yet. wow. They brought Madalyn in and instantly she latched!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG i was so happy. Then we got wheeled into post partum and here we are. I had staples in for 6 days. Found out doc cut me horizontally also (uterus) cause she had hard time getting Madalyn out.

Then the truth comes out...... My doc had a bit of a panic attack...she really couldn't get Maddie out easily. She was worried about me, seeing I was in pain, and crying. And then was trying to figure out how to get her head out. She said that it broke her heart seeing the spinal didn't work. She also said that I tried pulling down the drape, and was trying to hit my doctors hands away from me. Then my arms had to be held down cause I was going nuts honestly. The anesthesiologist said he gave me 3 meds that should have knocked me out for an hour after surgery. He walked into the recovery room and withing 5 minutes I was awake. So needless to say both my doc and the hospital marked my chart with tons of notes. And will never never do a spinal again.

First time meeting my baby

Thank you Vicki.... for my beautiful siggie!!!

Last edited by inlove08; March 19th, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
March 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Tiffany! I am so sorry that the spinal and all those meds just didn't work. I would be horrified by the experience. You do have a beautiful, healthy baby though. So glad that you're able to breastfeed this time.

Why are you surprised by the horizontal incision? That's what I have and I think is the common one. Did you dr tell you she'd do a vertical one?
March 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Well she did a vertical obviously for 1st cut. But she said I had scarring and she couldn't get Madalyn out with out doing a T cut in my uterus I think.

March 19th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Tiff! I am sorry you had such a crazy experience. I am very happy that Madalyn is BFing well! I hope you recover well and get some rest. *hugs*

March 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! I'm sorry that she was so hard to get here but both of you look so good!

March 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi --- didn't know you had your baby girl! Congratulations, Mama. She's beautiful. And Emma Mae is in a toddler bed?!? How is that working out. We're planning to keep Adele in her crib til next February (2 1/2).

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

March 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Your pictures are beautiful

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mummy to great girls
Oh sweetie!!! I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible delivery.
But I must say, your little girl is GORGEOUS! And YAY for being able to breastfeed this time. Hope you're getting plenty of rest and recovering well now. Enjoy your family!

March 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
She's beautiful! Her name fits her

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

March 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS mama!! Sorry you had such a difficult time! But, glad that things are better now and hope that you are recovering good. CONGRATS on a precious beautiful girl! I love her expression in the last photo - so sweet!

And, yea that breastfeeding is working this time. Hang in there - there are difficult times but it's all worth it
Baby #2 is on the way!!
March 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks ladies. You are all so sweet. Ya Emma is in a toddler bed. Been for over week now. Does well til she falls out. Lol or gets out crying and we have to go out put her back. Only real issue I'm having is Madalyn and sleepinf at night. She wants to be on me. I stopped.taking my pain meds also. Not bad I guess.
wingqueen26 likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap Tiffany that is terrifying!!!! I'm so glad you are ok. I love the pictures! What angle is the first one from? Is the tattoo on your pelvis below the incision or on your belly above it?

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
March 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Tucker was the same way for sleeping at first! It will get better, she just misses being IN her momma all the time, so she wants to be on you instead!

So sorry your spinal didn't take... Talk about horrifying! The good news is that you got a beautiful, healthy baby girl, and a beautiful, healthy big sister to love her

Very happy to hear about bfing success! It is a learning process, but go with your instincts and you will be more than fine!

Congratulations again!
March 19th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes i couldn't believe when i read that you could feel a lot of what was going on with your c section. I know about panic attacks as being a patient since i had a huge one when i had mine done. That's awfully scary that your dr had one.
How are you feeling after the c section with the incision done that way? I'm glad in the end you have another beautiful baby girl. Congrats on the bf.

Ha i totally know about the fallling out of bed part. Joshua lately has started rolling out of his bed. We hear a loud thump and there he is on the floor. Heck my 9 yr old still falls out of her bed sometimes.

Congrats again
March 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM
r&lsmama
Thank you for the update! She's adorable. All your pictures are beautiful. those are awesome captures. I'm sorry you had such a bad time. How are you healing?
March 20th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Oh wow! I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience in the OR. I'm so glad she's here and healthy though! And that BFing is going well! She's adorable!
March 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like quite the experience! I'm sorry that you were in so much pain, but so glad that your daughter is doing well!

E: 8/18/11
March 20th, 2013, 06:58 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! That must have been horrible and time must have felt like it was crawling. Well, it sounds like they did the best they could and good they were so open with you about what happened and why you were reacting that way. Gosh after my c-section with Savvy the nurses were annoyed with me because I couldn't help at all and 3 of them and my husband had to help move me from OR table to bed.

You and baby are healthy and in the end you have your perfect little family. Congrats!! Oh, and you got some beautiful pictures in the OR! Did a nurse take them for you or was DH allowed to stand at that angle?

March 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your beautiful girl!! Sorry it was such a rough experience though
Hope everyone is settled in soon and bfing continues to go good!

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

March 23rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks ladies. A nurse took all the pic. I have alot more. Ones of her foot coming out 1st, then her legs, then butt..... lots of butt shots cause that's when doc ran into issue getting her head out.
Pics of me all drugged up and out of it. Not even looking at my baby.

I am happy with how things are. Emma is doing well with Madalyn. She wants to hold her and such, so it's hard to get her to understand.

I am healed up fine. Can't see my incision cause the doc who took my staples out put TONS of steri strips all over me. I'm itchy so I know it's healing. I hope to get rid of this flabby belly soon. I am exhausted. Madalyn won't sleep in the bassinet. So I have her sleeping in the bouncer at night. She give me about 2 hours before she wants up and to be cuddled and to be offered the boob. Nurses for 2 min and falls asleep.

I don't know how to fix that.... this breastfeeding thing is confusing and stressful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search