Easter Traditions?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By D@mnedYankee
  • 2 Post By Lorena26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 07:21 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you do for Easter if anything? Any traditions or plans this year? Do you take pictures of the kids, got to church, have family over? What kind of things do you normally eat?

We go to church on Easter morning, and we all dress up. I bought dresses for the girls to wear and new Easter shoes! My mom used to always put us in Easter hats too when I was growing up, but I am not into hats, lol.

This year we are having family over again (our house has become the common gathering place) and we are having dinner. On the menu is ham, deviled eggs and rolls not sure what else yet, lol! We are also having an Easter Egg hunt in our backyard if the weather is ok.

I was thinking of taking some Easter/spring shots prior to the day this year too since last year I didn't get any good pictures of the girls in their dresses since we were so busy!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

March 20th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Julka
Easter morning we all go to church and in the evening we go to either SIL or MIL's house for dinner, I think it's SIL this year They live an hour away. We paint eggs usually on Holy Saturday, we'll see though, because DH's birthday is on Saturday before Easter this year and I'm not really sure what we're doing. But we usually paint the eggs the night before and eat them for breakfast Easter morning.
sugarloafbaby likes this.
March 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We usually go to my inlaws for dinner and baskets LOL yes she makes us all baskets. This year we are doing brunch with them, then travelling to my grandmothers for dinner

March 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll do the Easter Bunny thing and then we'll be going to Church Easter Morning but which Church has to still be decided. Tim wont be home so its just me and this kids this year :/
I am cooking Easter dinner for a few friends, I am making Ham, scalloped potatoes, honey carrots, and IDK what else. My kids will be the only ones here walking so I dont think we'll do an egg hunt.

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
March 21st, 2013, 07:25 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really do anything special. I just get the kids baskets full of stuff. When I was a kid we'd have turkey and invite family over.
March 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really do anything special either. I did buy my 3 girls easter stuff. SO's girls will be at their moms.
Then my mom said she will come over and cook dinner because I will be bedridden recovering from c-section. So we will see if that really happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

March 21st, 2013, 09:33 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
We will do the Easter basket and "hide" some [plastic] eggs through the house. We also dye/color eggs (though we didn't last year and probably won't this year cuz Gio is still too small). These past couple years we've been going out to dinner because i'm so far away from everyone so we meet in the middle. Last year we did a Shrek breakfast (character meet and greet during breakfast) this year we'll be doing a Mickey Mouse (and chip & dale, goofy and donald) character dinner

I also got a picture of Gio with the Easter Bunny! I didn't plan on taking it that day or i would have dressed him in a different outfit, oh well

Julka and sugarloafbaby like this.

March 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We usually wake up, and do easter baskets. Than we go to church in New Easter dress clothes. We usually dye eggs the night before. This year both families will be coming to our house for dinner. We will have an easter egg hunt for the little ones, a crawfish boil and for those of us who don't eat crawfish, I will also be serving a ham, deviled eggs, potato salad etc. Lauren- such a cute photo! We did bunny pics too, but Lydia wasn't such a fan of the bunny lol. I have it posted on fb, but need to post it here as well!
March 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH's aunt is having family over Sunday for brunch and an Easter egg hunt for the kids. I don't usually find out about who's doing what until maybe a week in advance! Last year on Easter I was very sick. Nasty stomach bug and I had a fever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search