How is your LO when you shop?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Rae~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Amanda21's Avatar Super Mommy
OMG...Kelsey is a terrible shopper lately. This afternoon we went to Wal-mart and as soon as we get into the store, she is pointing to something that she wants to hold and then freaking out when she doesn't get it. She does this through the entire store!! She can spot Minnie Mouse on ANYTHING...I swear, no aisle is safe....we go into the shampoo aisle and she spots a darn Minnie Mouse on a bottle and wants to hold it......cereal aisle and of course she spots Elmo on a box of cereal.......light bulb aisle and she spots a Minnie Mouse night light. AHHHHHHHHHH I had to battle with her through the whole store. It's getting out of control.

March 20th, 2013, 07:30 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
E just wants up all the time in the store! He says "um um um!" I was at JCPenny with him last week, and he was in the stroller next to a shelf with clothes. I walk away with him and a few minutes later I see him playing with a couple shirts (that he had grabbed while I was looking at something... lol!)

Overall though, he's still okay in stores. Which is great, because I'll go to stores sometimes when I just want to walk around someplace (it's too cold to do it outside still).

March 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It depends on Susie' s mood. If it's the grocery store I get her something to eat or let her walk/push the cart to keep her occupied.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

March 20th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Beau never wants to sit in the cart. He always wants to get out and walk around. He'll try to lunge out of his seat and scream at me until I let him down. So yeah, pain in the rear.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 21st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan is horrible too. We usually wait to shop when someone can watch the kids.
March 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic is alright for short periods of time. But if I take too long he starts acting up. If he sees any sort of ball shaped thing (including melons, apples, oranges) he has a meltdown because he wants them so it makes fruit shopping annoying. Once I've been in the store too long he will start trying to escape the cart and saying "Down! Down!" But if I let him down he is a nightmare after a few minutes and there is no way I can push a shopping cart and keep him under control. I hate shopping..... lol

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee is usually pretty good. But I usually wait to do big grocery shopping when DH is able to go with us and Kynslee has both of us to help occupy her. But, Kynslee is a social butterfly and loves all the people and goes around telling them hi and bye bye If we are out at the mall or a store for a while I'll sometimes let her out and push the stroller or shopping cart. If she gets bored I usually have snacks ready for her.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

March 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Horrible, and that's why I don't take him anymore. I got so flustered last time that I picked up wrong items & left without buying a few things on my list.
He's not going again until he's 3.
Amanda21 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda21 View Post
OMG...Kelsey is a terrible shopper lately. This afternoon we went to Wal-mart and as soon as we get into the store, she is pointing to something that she wants to hold and then freaking out when she doesn't get it. She does this through the entire store!! She can spot Minnie Mouse on ANYTHING...I swear, no aisle is safe....we go into the shampoo aisle and she spots a darn Minnie Mouse on a bottle and wants to hold it......cereal aisle and of course she spots Elmo on a box of cereal.......light bulb aisle and she spots a Minnie Mouse night light. AHHHHHHHHHH I had to battle with her through the whole store. It's getting out of control.

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

March 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's not too bad usually. Occasionally she get tired of being im the cart and tries to stand up.
She's also bad sometimes about trying to reach and touch everything she can.
Overall though she's not awful, which is good since I don't have a choice but to take her right now. Plus I like to go walk around and kill time sometimes.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

March 21st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Amanda21's Avatar Super Mommy
It's super annoying since Kelsey doesn't know how to chew yet, so I can't give her snacks in the store to occupy her. Grrrr

March 21st, 2013, 05:31 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most of the time she is occupied with waving at people and yelling HI at them
March 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
r&lsmama
She's okay fr short periods, but gets fussy after that.
March 21st, 2013, 06:38 PM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you give her those puff cereal things yet? They're snack size & pretty much dissolve in their mouths.

March 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's good. We've only had a problem once and it was at Sam's Club. She had just a snack size bag of oreos and when they were all gone...she was a brat.

March 21st, 2013, 08:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
He's really good usually, unless its nap time. What about those squeeze baby food pouches?

March 22nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It really depends. Lately she's been wanting to not stay in the shopping cart. She wants to be held. Not really even walk. If we have the stroller she does a little better. We try to keep long shopping trips to days she's at school just so we can have time to look and not be rushed.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
March 22nd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Field Mouse's Avatar nom nom
He's pretty bad! He wants to be held instead of sitting in the child part of the cart. Then, he wants to get down and push the cart and tonight he was making a B-line for the door. He says "car, car" because he wants to go and then when he gets really impatient (tonight it was after 10 minutes) he cries and flings his body around and doesn't want to be held.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Oh thank god it's not just us!! He's horrible. Kicks and screams to get out and walk around. Tosses put anything he can reach in the cart. I've chased a bouncing cantaloupe. He bites the bread through the plastic. Sigh. He's such a handful.

[/url
March 23rd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Kim
Most of the time he's not bad. I've never let him walk in a store so he has no idea such a thing exists He only started walking full time about 2 months ago too, and up until a few days ago he would not walk in winter boots. He does the reach-y thing too, so I usually grab a small toy or a book or something off the shelf and let him hold it while we shop, then ditch it before we get to the till. Shopping with both kids is another story- they fight the whole time if they sit side by side in the cart and it drives me absolutely nuts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search