Breastfeeding - Aunt Flow Question

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WARNING I weaned Kynslee a little over 2 months ago at 15 1/2 months. AF didn't show until about 13 1/2 months Post Pardon and has been super irregular and coming about every 2 weeks or so or sometimes waiting 6 weeks between some. Well, I figured that since my body was still getting adjusted and heard it was normal. Well, this last week I have been slightly spotting (mainly when I wipe and only light pink with occasionally a little normal red) and seems weird. My main question is - is this normal? I've been having regular periods as far as normal bleeding even though they having been coming randomly. Is it normal to randomly start spotting and slightly spotting at that? It's not spotting enough to use a pad even. Is my body doing this to try and adjust to normal regular cycles or should I contact my doctor? Also (More TMI) last night I noticed I was slightly swollen down there.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
March 21st, 2013, 12:31 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I'm not sure :S I only ever had regular cycles even after BFing.
March 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
It is normal to be irregular once you get it back after not having it for so long. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?

Also, can I say that I am sooooo jealous that you didn't get yours back till 13.5 months! We're still breastfeeding and I've had mine since 4 or 5 months.
March 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still breastfeeding. I got my first PP period back in November so I have had 4 cycles so far I believe. They have been normal just with heavier flow (and I think one was later than normal like 6 weeks apart)

Is there any chance of being pregnant? It's possible it's just inconsistent to start up again but I would probably check it out with your DR to be sure.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
It is normal to be irregular once you get it back after not having it for so long. Is there any chance you may be pregnant?

Also, can I say that I am sooooo jealous that you didn't get yours back till 13.5 months! We're still breastfeeding and I've had mine since 4 or 5 months.
I thought about the option of possibly being pregnant but I'm on the mini-pill. We for sure are not trying. But, that doesn't mean I can't be I guess. What do you think - you think they may be part of pregnant symptoms?

Well, I'm glad I didn't have AF back so soon as I bled for a good 2 1/2 - 3 months and then spotted off and on for a couple months and was finally able to not wear a liner at around 4.5 - 5 months PP.

Also, about 2 months ago I called my OB and told her AF was coming randomly and they said that it was normal.
March 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Pink spotting could be implantation bleeding. That was all that prompted me to ask. The mini pill is the kind you have to take consistently the same time every day, right?
March 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does the mini-pill still work if you're not breastfeeding? Is that the progesterone only pill? If so, then it may not be as effective since you've weaned. That could also be causing your symptoms.
March 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After Sterling, my periods were all over the place and it took a few cycles after he weaned to start getting regular again.

I haven't had a period since July 2008 so I have no idea what to expect this time around!
March 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to chime in that a lot of people have irregular bleeding/break though bleeding with the mini-pill. You may want to try switching your birth control since you aren't breast feeding anymore. It's SUPER important that you take it at the exact same time every day.

March 21st, 2013, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea if it still works after bfing. I thought of implantation bleeding but with Kynslee implantation was only a few days not a week. I don't know - I'm just confused! If it could be pregnancy, how long should I wait to test? I do know I had a period in early February.

Yes, the pill has to be taken at same time every day, but we have 2 alarms set in the evening (5 mins apart to be sure we get the pill) and we haven't missed a night. The only thing is we forgot to adjust our alarms to the hour time difference. But, I hear that as long as you take it within an hour it should be fine. But, I don't know for sure. I go at the end of next month for my yearly checkup but I guess I could call before then and tell them what's going on and see what I should do.
March 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm like Rachel I wasn't lucky enough to not get it for the duration i was breast feeding. Mine came back about 3-4 months after giving birth. I nursed until almost 17 months. It took a few months though to get it back on track though.

I'm with the other gals too maybe double check to make sure you aren't preggie again. I don't think the mini pill is as effective. ( i could totally be wrong though)
March 24th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I have a normal period now. So strange to lightly spot for a week and half before a regular period. URRR.... I want normal cycles again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search