Those who have stopped nursing

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
how long did it take for your milk to dry up?
March 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not long. I mean...I can still get a drop or two if I squeeze but I was never uncomfortable and stopped producing after about a week.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

March 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you mean no milk at all and everything back to prepreggo state, that could take u[ to 6 months. With M, I never fully dried up before I got pg with K - 4 months after I weaned her. With K I was fully dried up and back to usual within 5 months. Still working on weaning little rose.
March 23rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I dried up within a week, but I was pregnant when I weaned her.
March 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
A long time. I probably fully dried up about a month ago, despite being pregnant and not nursing since September. With my baby I nursed for 18 months, it took a year to completely dry up.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 24th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Super Mommy
It only took me about a week, but I was pretty uncomfortable for a few days, though it was only my right breast so I probably looked pretty funny too!
March 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the responses. It's been almost 4 months since I stopped and lately they've been feeling kind of heavy. That's when i realized that i can still squeeze drops out. I was shocked. Did some reading through google also and that started freaking me out.

Joshua was the only one of my 3 that i nursed this long and i know with my girls i dried up pretty fast, so i was surprised to realize that I haven't completely dried up yet.
March 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I never completely dried up after Daniel.
March 24th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can still get some milk out pretty easily if I try and I weaned Kynslee over 2 months ago. I didn't realize it'd take so long either. Glad that it's normal. Can't wait for my milk to completely dry and hopefully go down another size. Being a size G / H is HORRIBLE!!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

March 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ayla stopped nursing at 8 months, and it gradually dried up as she weaned, so I was never super uncomfortable. Sometimes I woke up soaked, but not much.
March 31st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I can still get some milk out pretty easily if I try and I weaned Kynslee over 2 months ago. I didn't realize it'd take so long either. Glad that it's normal. Can't wait for my milk to completely dry and hopefully go down another size. Being a size G / H is HORRIBLE!!!
I don't envy you. I've only gotten up to a DDD at my largest, I couldn't imagine G/H! I finally made it back down to a D, where I started before M was born. I honestly have not been this size since I got pregnant with M. It's not even that I packed on pounds and finally lost them 6 years later.

I hope yours do go down another size or 2 for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search