2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great you guys had fun today

My neighbor brought me a dinner plate. I had already ate dinner and there wasn't much on there I could eat anyways but it's definitely the thought that counts. It was so nice of them to think of me.
Hazel likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This thread got busy! I am horrible at keeping up, but it sounds like everyone had a nice day!

I didn't do too much. Just cleaned the house (I was working yesterday so DH and the kids had it to themselves = mess) Then I planted some more. I have peas and green beans planted so far so I should have plenty of those. I am working on making more planters. Then I just exercised all the dogs.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The annual flea market at the local racetrack was this morning--last night Bryce was excited and talking about it before bed. I ask him if we should look for a fire engine to buy for his birthday. He tells me no. I'm surprised--his current obsession is fire engines and firemen. I ask him why not and he very seriously tells me, "no, mama, it too big."

He thought I meant a real fire engine I asked him if he wanted to look for a toy fire engine and he got all happy and excited
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hah that's cute he thought you meant a real one.

I spent the afternoon relaxing and doing a bit of cleaning. Got rid of 2 end tables that I wasn't really using that were just taking up space. And a neighbor is gonna take Alex's changing table. I had to move it out of her room when she got a big girl bed so it's been clogging up my room with junk piled on it. I'm really trying to declutter and get rid of some stuff around here. I bought a wall mount for the tv , and I might just get a sturdy shelf to put up and put the game systems on and get rid of the entertainment center too. I just wish I could get rid of this sectional sofa and afford to replace it with a normal couch. It takes up so much room. I guess that's gonna wait until after DH gets back though.

It's such a nice evening out, nice breeze, reasonable temperature. I really need to go buy a dowel rod or something for my window so I can leave it open at night. I don't feel comfortable here alone with the window open at night with nothing keeping it from opening far enough for someone to get in.

May 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend. It was a little busy and we had nice weather for a change.

little rose went on the potty twice today, after a week of not going (since I broke the routine by leaving town). The second time she even initiated the potty session!!! Very exciting!!! I hope she continues with this.

DH had a major sudden drop in his blood sugar level this morning while we were at Home Depot. We didn't have his tester since we were just running out for a few and would be home in time for lunch. Don't know what brought it on, but it took all of the glucose tablets I had (10) and a butterfinger to bring him back to some level of normalcy. Then he sleep the whole way home. I keep a hand on his wrist to make sure he was not going into a coma or worse. I kept thinking that I'd be bringing him to the ER or calling an ambulance, something we haven't down before. He was actually high when we got home, thank goodness.

When I took M and K out shopping later, I talked to them about what happened to DH (they knew it was his diabetes) and what they should do if that happens to him while they're out with him and I'm not around. So scary to think my children need to know this information at 6 and 4 years of age.
May 5th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yay for Little Rose doing good with the potty

THat is very scary about your DH though.

DH and I are about to go watch a movie!

May 5th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for Rose going potty! Alex hasn't even started training.
That's so scary about dh.

May 6th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I hope your DH is back to feeling normal again and doesn't have anymore sudden drops my dad got to drop a medication because it was making him drop too low--he hated that one, too, so it made him happy to drop it
May 6th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Wow, I typed drop a lot in that post......
May 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Happy Mommy
Just popping on to say HI!!! so glad to see an active chat thread on here again
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Another wonderful morning.

Every day that goes by, my children get older and I keep realizing how much of their lives I miss while at work.
May 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think dh kinda had one of those moments earlier. He saw a picture of Alex playing in her pool and was like "omg when did she turn into a mini little kid instead of our baby"
So glad their internet blackout is over, I missed talking to him.
Hazel likes this.

May 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah that your DH has his internet access back! Kids grow too fast sometimes!

Though I'm happy to see Kynslee finally growing it's so sad to not have my baby girl. Well, she's still my baby girl but she's getting too big for her own good. The other day I gave her a big kiss on the cheek. She looks at me and takes her arm and wipes it off It made me sad!!

It's raining today. We really really need the rain so I'm glad but I was planning on taking Kynslee on a walk and letting her play around on the grass outside. Now we are trapped inside all day.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
May 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
It would be very hard to be away from your children for so long. There is a lady at work that moved here from another country and left her daughter behind. I have no idea how she could do it! (not judging, I just definitely couldn't)

Dom pooped on his potty for the first time yesterday. It was so nice to not have it in a diaper. Now if he starts doing that consistently I could probably put underwear on him full time. But I am not sure I want to try to fully potty train him before summer just because we are out a lot and it makes it harder not to have accidents.

May 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
It is sad when they start growing up I ask Dominic for a kiss now and most of the time he says "NO!!" and then laughs. It kind of makes me sad too, although I am sure it's more than likely a phase.

May 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah for pooping on the potty!! Kynslee is for sure not at all ready to even start trying to potty train. I was hoping to possibly try and start this Summer but if she's not ready I'm not sure how to get her ready. She will now finally sit on the toilet and not just cry like before but if I ask her to pee for mommy she looks at me like I've gone crazy - lol!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
May 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Breakfast - squash with grated parmesan cheese and onions. It's nice to be eating healthy again after a weekend of not so good eating! Now, if I could just loose the weight!!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
May 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
That sounds like a healthy breakfast!

I wouldn't worry about potty training at this age at all. I didn't even start with my daughter until she was almost 2 and a half. She was fully trained in no time. I wasn't planning to bother with my son either but he was pretty persistent that he was going to start. He still wears diapers for most of the day anyways

May 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah He's got internet back for a couple days anyways. We'll see how after that goes. I know he hates that he's missing so much here with Alex, she's grown up so much in the last few months.

Ugh it's hot in my apartment today. I'm gonna have to bring my bedroom fan out into the living room for the evening I think.

I went out shopping the A/Cd stores a bit this morning. And I bought a pair of short, longer bermuda style ones but still the first real shorts I've bought in a good 7-8 years probably. I'm finally getting down to a weight where I feel a bit more comfortable wearing shorts.

May 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Happy Mommy
Dee I have days like that. Bob starts doing something new and I wonder when it happened :/

April - when does he comehome?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search