2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chuck E Cheese does sound tiring. I haven't been with my own kids yet. It was fun when I was a kid though! I doubt it is as much fun as a parent lol.

April - I'll have to look up that book. I've been wanting to get a new book to read but never have time to look through them when I shop because Dom's patience is so short lived.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
Chuck E Cheese does sound tiring. I haven't been with my own kids yet. It was fun when I was a kid though! I doubt it is as much fun as a parent lol.

April - I'll have to look up that book. I've been wanting to get a new book to read but never have time to look through them when I shop because Dom's patience is so short lived.
I know how the shopping is. Most of mine I do online now.
My absolute favorite book by her is My Sister's Keeper (the movie was terrbile). Her books are all pretty heavy just so you're prepared. Not everyone is fond of that stuff. Like the one I finished today was about the holocaust, my sister's keeper is about a girl who's sister has cancer.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so drained today. I need a day off.

Personally, I loathe Chuck E. Cheese. I let DH take the kids there when they've been invited to birthday parties there. We don't go otherwise.
May 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I tend to like murder mystery type books in general, but a lot of them are really good.

I had planned to go out with a friend today but DH ended up taking my car so I had to cancel

The kids are fighting at the moment... and I think I'll go for a bike ride. Although I am kind of freaked out I might run into a bear now...

May 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have bit my lip several times since yesterday. I hate when I do this. Same spot too.
May 8th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Ouch, that does suck!

May 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex and I went and walked around stores today, now we are gonna pay outside some and goodly burn off some energy.

Shalaine, have you been taking a break from wow? Haven't seen you on lately.

May 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
My account expired and I haven't renewed it yet. Mainly because it's been nice weather and I've been outside a lot more during the day. I will probably be back on soon though!

I still want to buy more diapers but considering he was in underwear all day today I don't think it would be very smart to do so. He did have two accidents though. Once outside and the other time when he got up from his nap. But my dad had just arrived and he was super distracted. He probably didn't even realize he needed to go lol.

May 8th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh ok. That makes sense.

Yeah you probably don't need more diapers lol.
I can't believe all you guys that are potty training already. Alex isn't remotely ready.

May 8th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Kaitlyn didn't show any signs of being ready either. I didn't even buy her a potty till a few months after her 2nd birthday. I kind of wonder if training this early is a good thing or not, I feel like because he naturally likes to rebel most of the time that he will end up regressing at some point. Oh well. I'm not going to spend time worrying about that.

May 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Trying to get myself motivated and out for a walk.
I need to turn in a letter from my apartment complex to the greyhound people. One of the coordinators works about 2 miles from here so I was thinking of walking instead of driving just for a change of scenery in my walk. I should know really soon if they'll have a dog for me this month.
Hazel likes this.

May 9th, 2013, 11:09 AM
That would be exciting if they would have a suitable dog that soon!

I'm just getting ready to drive Kaitlyn to preschool, then I'll probably come home and go for a bike ride. I am feeling really fat today

May 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with your greyhound! It would be great if you got one soon
May 9th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She emailed me while I was walking to her drop off the letter lol.
They have a dog for me! The load of dogs from CO were supposed to be here the 18th but the vet there had some issues with her truck while she was bringing some dogs to another rescue in CA so that have put her behind schedule on getting the dogs for the rescue I'm going through here and WA ready (spay/neuters, dental cleanings, ect). But I should have a dog here in the next couple weeks. Now I have to start buying all the stuff I need.

I just got back from a 7 mile walk. Walked to give that lady her letter, then back past my apartment and up to the store to grab a few things. I'm wiped now. Hopefully it worked off the iced breve I got while I was out. I'm a coffee noob and didnt realize how much half and half was in a breve. I usually get americanos and add like 2 tbsp at most of half and half or heavy cream, a breve kinda is like a latte but with half and half instead of milk. Used almost all my carbs for the day without realizing. Half and half is low carb, when you're not using TONS of it. It was delicious but definitely a treat very rarely kinda thing.
Hazel likes this.

May 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
How exciting about the dog!
May 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM
That's awesome they have a dog for you!

I had a decent day. Took Kaitlyn to school and she had a mother's day event there so I stayed for that. It was really cute. Then I stopped by MIL's house who we haven't seen in months. Then I came home and went for a walk.

May 10th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
A dog soon? That's wonderful!

So, my aunt's house is on the market, making it official. The only house of my family members from my children still in the family is my parents. Of course I don't care about the house, I'd rather my aunt be here, but I can't have that either.

DH has been pushing all this week about moving to the mid-east to teach there. i'm not thrilled about it. With school age kids, bills to pay, and family members getting older, I don't know that I want to make a 2 year commitment like that. Not to mention what kind of health care will we have access to, especially with his diabetes?

Oh, and now my father has a rare form of shingles - in his ear. Dr says it will about 8 weeks to heal.
May 10th, 2013, 10:37 AM
In his ear? That sounds so uncomfortable :/
May 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shingles - oh no!! I had shingles in November and it was horrible!!!! I had it on the right side of my face and it affected right eye and ear for a little while. I couldn't imagine having the actual rash in my ear. I hope it heals quicker for him! My shingles cased Bells Palsy and I'm still suffering from that 6 months later!f

Yea for a dog and yea for a 7 mile walk.

I'm eating carrots and lunch meat wishing I could eat some chips and salsa Trying to stay strict on my diet is soo hard! But, I am NOT loosing any weight just trying to eat less and exercise more. So, big time dieting I go I hope I start loosing some weight as I'm getting discouraged not loosing any more of pregnancy weight 19 months PP.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
May 10th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Eww shingles. Hope he's better soon!

I just got back from a walk/run. I've been slacking on working on my running. I also need to stop slacking about going to gym. I've got Alex all signed up with childcare now it's just a matter of making an appointment (the appointment making is kinda off putting, you cant just drop in) and going. I want to start lifting but I hate the idea of going and trying to teach myself based off videos online and stuff. Plus I don't have anyone to spot me. Wish I could find a work out buddy or afford a personal trainer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search