2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Parade is just over a week away and there's still so much to get learned. I hate having young percussion sections!
May 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to walk to the post office today and bake cookies and muffins, then have more boxes for the post office.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mmm, what kind of cookies and muffins? I should do some baking too for our camping trip but I feel so lazy

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cake batter cookies and snickerdoodle muffins. Trying some new recipes and sending them to dh's roommate as a thanks for getting dh's mail for him and stuff.

May 15th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Aww, that is thoughtful of you!

I am supposed to take an annual medication administration test tomorrow, and I won't be going because I can't find a babysitter lol. Maybe they will forget about it and not make me do a make up test? Hopefully!

May 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck if you do have to take the test

I haven't been on as much as I'm really trying to stay strong in working out. I've now bumped up my working out to 2 times a day and though they are only quick just under 20 minutes it's a good workout and then I crash afterwards Plus, I'm trying to spend more time with Kynslee and be outside more also.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

May 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I spotted through my pants today. I sure hope none of my middle schoolers noticed.
May 15th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Keep up the good work exercising

That sucks dee. I miss the days when it was cool to tie your jacket/hoodie/sweater around your waist, that saved me so many times lol.

May 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The more I think about this the more annoyed I am, so I need to vent a little.

So about 2 months ago I was hanging out with this lady pretty regularly and went to a tupperware party she threw. I bought some canisters for like $15. Well around that time I started to realize that she's not only a bit of a nutter but that she's obnoxious and annoying. So I've slowly started hanging out with/talking to her less, she's stopped talking to me as much too. (I think she's found a new person to latch onto and be "friends" with). Anyways, I've seen her at least 4-5 times since my tupperware came in. She says every time she will bring them and has "forgotten" every **** time.
This is not the first time she's forgotten what she was supposed to bring me either, the last time I ended up driving practically to her house (she lives 30 mins from me) to get it because it was a picture cd she'd picked up for me when she picked up hers and I needed it that day to print some pics of Alex for DH's care package.
How hard is it to put the darn things in your car as soon as you know you're gonna see me? So even if you're running behind and forget about them the day of, they're already in the car. All the times I've seen her she's known she was going to see me about a week in advance. It just boggles my mind how one person can be SO flaky... I don't even really care about the canisters anymore, it's the principle of the matter at this point.

May 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Dee- that sucks I am always so paranoid about that when I go out.

April - That is really frustrating it's really amazing to me too that some people are like that. Like, are they so scatterbrained that they can't organize anything in advance or remember something like that?

I went for a quick walk this morning, but it was pretty short. I am going to try to get on the treadmill later on tonight. I also did some gardening. I planted my spinach seeds and replanted a garden box of beans that the squirrels pulled out. I put a mesh cover on this time so I hope they stay out.

May 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Oh wow, we are getting a 1.7 % raise at our work. That is like, 17 cents? Cheap much? It is better than nothing though I suppose. We get another small raise next year as well.

May 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess 1.7% is better than nothing.

I'm over baking now but I still have tons of cookie dough to bake still. I'm tired now lol. Plus I only have 2 cookie sheets which makes this go kinda slow.

May 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I screwed up. I need to stop trying new recipes because then I want to taste them... I ate 2 cookies and a half a muffin. This is gonna set me back on my diet by DAYS. Cheating on a low carb diet isn't like cheating on other diets, it takes much longer to recover. I'm mad at myself, but darnit at least I know those recipes taste freaking fantastic lol. Oh well, can't let it get me too down, back on the low carb wagon I go and it'll be fine.

May 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's too hot in my house but I'm too tired to keep chasing izzy around the yard. I really wish I could have a fence!
May 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Fences definitely make it easier to deal with toddlers outside.

April - That doesn't seem too bad, at least you know they taste good! I'm curious, how does a low carb diet get set back worse than just a regular diet?

May 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
On my diet I aim to be in a thing called ketosis which is where basically your body is burning fat instead of sugar. To do that I have to eat 20-30g of net carbs a day (some people can eat nearly 100g and stay in but I'm insulin resistant so I cant because I'm more sensitive to sugars.) If I get kicked out of ketosis by eating too many carbs, which I'm pretty sure is going to happen with how much sugar and starch I just ate, it takes my body a little while to burn that extra glucose off and for my body to start using fat instead and in the mean time I'm gonna gain some water weight. It'll come back off but it just takes a little bit and in the mean time my diet's not really working to help me lose weight the way it's supposed to.
On a regular diet, like if you're just counting calories you're just not eating as much of a deficit as normal. Like if you aim for 1500 calories a day, eat 2000 and you burn on average 2500 a day, you just aren't going to lose that fraction of a lb that day but you can also make that calorie deficit back up by doing something to burn that extra you ate.

Hopefully that made sense lol. I'm having a hard time thinking of a good way to explain it.

May 15th, 2013, 09:00 PM
That does somewhat make sense

I just bought some parsley seeds, now I just have to figure out where to plant them. I finished buying most of our grocery items for camping except the meat and fruit (we can't take it across the border) now just need to finish packing up the kids clothes/shoes/toys etc and I should be pretty much done. I have all day to do that tomorrow though so I think I'll go watch some TV instead.

May 16th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am ready for camping the weather just needs to get on board
May 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
The weather is still a bit inconsistent around here (heck, when is it NOT lol) but we are going to give it a try. I hope the rain stays away

Hazel - Are you planning on going camping soon?

I keep having really annoying dreams. I had one where I tried on like 20 items of clothing and felt fat and awful in all of them. Then one where the kids put socks in the toilet followed by some sort of pukey like substance and poop, I had to pull the socks out and then plunger it and then I had some awful dream about DH having a odd relationship (I won't get into details on here, haha) with some other girl, then wanted us to go talk with her, and I was expecting her to be nice looking but she was very unattractive Anyways... my brain can't seem to give me a break these days lol

May 16th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate when I have all sorts of weird dreams.

Going to lunch with a friend and his 2 toddlers today. Last time we went out we got complimented on how well behaved our kids were, so lets hope they're that good again. (though it was a little awkward since I think the older lady that said that thought that the 3 of them were all OUR kids lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search