2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we are all packed up and about to leave for the weekend. Although the weather looks like it is supposed to be raining all weekend. I hope that's not the case. Wet muddy kids on a camping trip isn't as much fun. Oh well! at least it's spending time getting them out doing things :/

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea for camping! I hope the forecast is wrong and that you have decent weather. Have fun!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have fun camping!

Just got back from a walk, letting Alex play outsie before the rain starts again l.

Holy crap i'm sick of spiders, they're everywhere the last few days. I need to spray down my porch and see if that helps at all.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I acutally left food on my plate from dinner, I have been more and more lately. So proud of myself.

May 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a headache this evening. Hopefully this cup of coffee fixes it.

May 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As expected, crappy night. But hopefully that means tonight will be ok.

Trying to decide what to do today. Maybe go walk around the stores some.

May 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah for leaving food on your plate - that's a great feeling!

I hope you've had a better night! Sorry I wasn't around this weekend - we were very busy!!
May 20th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I need to get out and take a long walk today while it's actually not raining. Its supposed to start up again after today. It's been rainy most of the last 2 weeks. bleh.

May 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I'm back. I hope everyone had a good weekend

Camping was awesome! The kids were really well behaved and had a blast. They spent a lot of time on the beach digging up crabs and shells. They roasted marsh mellows, walked to the ice cream store, other fun camping things

Sleeping wasn't too bad. The first night he was up once but he started to get worse sleeping with me he figured he could nurse more and more often again. I hope tonight isn't too rough because he's going straight back to his old schedule.

May 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had fun!

Hopefully he doesn't fight going back to his old schedule too much.

I just got an email from the adoption people, apparently they've had a dog come back to them because of financial hardship that sounds like a very good fit for us. 6 years old, used to kids and apartment living, housebroken. Only thing is she has a mild form of lupus that affects her skin, nose, and foot pads. But that doesn't sound like it'd be too much to deal with really. And right now seems like a lot better alternative to having to teach a freshly retired dog EVERYTHING about being a house pet while trying to teach Alex dog manners as well.

May 20th, 2013, 07:37 PM
That's exciting, and could be a good fit! How long do you have to make the decision?

May 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well adoption day for the freshly retired ones is the 1st so I'd definitely need to make a decision before then. I'm setting up a visit to meet the dog probably this weekend. I'm already leaning towards yes, so as long as the visit goes well she'll probably be ours.

May 20th, 2013, 10:11 PM
That is awesome!

Well, DH and the kids were all in bed by 9:30. Yay for achieving my goal of getting bedtimes earlier. Only now I can't sleep. I am such a night person. I am dreading the school routine in Sept A LOT but also hoping it helps me switch into more of a morning person.

May 21st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Going to meet the dog this afternoon So excited!

I actually got some decent sleep last night for the first time in like a week. It really helped.

I'm dreading when Alex starts school in a few years... I'm not one to be able to get up and going anywhere in the mornings.

May 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
That's so exciting about meeting the dog! hope it goes well.

Last night was crappy. But it wasn't Dom's issues. Kaitlyn woke up screaming and shrieking about some dream, when I asked her what the bad dream was about she said "everything!" lol, poor kid. She woke everyone up. Then DH said "She's not having anymore sugar before bed" Um... okay, she didn't! haha but whatever I wasn't going to keep him up talking about it. Dom woke up once but he was pretty happy after I gave him a drink. He then slept till 5:30. But DH was up at 4:30 for work. And Kaitlyn was also up two more times asking about random things. So yeah.. sometimes I swear I don't even know why I try to sleep.

May 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have nights like that too Shalaine when I'm not sure why I didn't just stay up and enjoy myself instead of trying and failing to get any sleep lol.

So I went to see the dog and I absolutely LOVE her. She's the biggest sweetie, very well behaved, really chill. Her lupus isn't anything I can't handle. I'm waiting for an email back from the coordinator now about the adoption and what we have left to do. I have mostly everything I need already, kennel is delivered tomorrow, and I need to exchange the food I bought for a different brand but that's not too big of a deal.

May 21st, 2013, 07:04 PM
That's so exciting! I seen her picture and she is very cute what's her name?

May 21st, 2013, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Looks like she'll be coming home with me this Sunday.

Her racing name was Peachie Shannon, the agency called her Shannon and the people that had her until they recently had to give her up had named her Pippi, and since she's been back in foster they are calling her Shannon again. She answers to both Shannon and Pippi, and I honestly like Shannon better so that's probably what we'll call her.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea for getting your dog April!

Sorry I haven't been around on chat much but it seems like so many are against this chat thread when at the beginning no one said they didn't think it was a good idea. So, I'm trying to mainly post more in other topics and start new topics as well. I know of a few boards that have no problems with keeping chats going as well as their main boards but I guess this board seems to have lost more members - but not sure why as I don't know many of the original August PR members that we seemed to have lost.

I'll try and still post here but will also keep up more with the main board. If anyone has anything they could post on the board rather than in here (or both places) maybe that would help some of the member? IDK - I just hate not know what to do!
May 22nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
I think the board is just slow in general right now :/ I know I don't post about much in here that would be worthy of an actual topic. I guess I could have said we were going camping for the weekend, but that's not really worth anyone's thoughts or comments other than "have fun!" lol.

I'm not up to much today. I will just be exercising dogs and then working from 5 pm - 1 am tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search