2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eww a dog nail :/ that is gross lol. These kids put such gross things in their mouths!

Today is mostly a spring cleaning day for us. Though Dominic woke up super grouchy and isn't letting me get much done at one time. I also have a cold I guess? I don't 'feel' crappy at all but I'm really stuffed up? I don't think it's allergies unless it's a recent thing because I've never had them in the past.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
March 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up going grocery shopping. It wasn't too bad actually. And I'm pretty much set (aside from needing more veggies next week) until the 15th.
Then we went on a walk to the park and Alex ran around for a while. Hopefully she's nice and worn out for tonight.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

March 31st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex actually mostly sttn last night! A good night's sleep was the perfect Easter present for me.
I do believe we'll be going to the park again today. Not sure how running around there was any different than home but we're gonna give it another try and see if it helps again tonight.

March 31st, 2013, 10:04 AM
I hope it keeps helping for her! It makes sense that it would! Although, Dominic has been running around outside for hours the last two weeks and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. He's still way better than he used to be but he goes down around 9 pm and is up usually around 5. Though the last couple nights it's been 3 or 4 and I haven't let him come in my bed. I have to do something about that habit someday. Once he comes into my bed I usually don't sleep that well because he wants to stay attached to me nursing, which I am ready to be done with anytime.

Well, we are off to an easter hunt at the farm! I hope he isn't too wild.

On another note, I am super depressed about my weight gain. A month or slightly more ago I was down to 129 again. I weighed myself today and I am 136... I am on AF right now, don't know if that makes a difference but still I know I need to stop eating so much crap.

March 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
These kids need to get their sleeping on track lol.
I'm gonna take advantage of the nice weather and let Alex run around again today. Hopefully I get another good night sleep. Though last night I missed a message from dh because I slept so hard I didn't hear it. :/

Shalaine, AF probably has a lot to do with it. Some women retain way more water than others, some up to 5-10lbs. Female bodies are weird. Last week i kinda gained/stalled, had a 2 day "period" (2 weeks early?) And once I stopped that I've dropped back down.

March 31st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah for mostly STTN!! That's great. I hope a trip to the day today helps again.

My weight is horrible!!! I gained soo much when pregnant with Kynslee (about 50lbs) and only lost 10 lbs since the day before she was born. I was never able to loose any while nursing. I lost a little after I weaned her but then immediately gained it right back. ERRR - very frustrating! I need to get my body back under control. And, I really wish I could loose some of my boobs!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
March 31st, 2013, 04:37 PM
The Easter egg hunt at the farm was horrible! The rules were to find the 5 different colored eggs, then turn them in for a prize. It was crazy busy, and there were NO eggs out there! DH took Kaitlyn too the harder hunting area and found her 5. I couldn't get any with Dominic for the longest time. I finally got him one orange one. But I seen parents/kids walking around with baskets full of eggs (so, obviously not following rules) and every once in a while a worker would come out and toss handfuls of eggs out but all the bigger kids were running wild trying to grab them, and even some parents.... it wasn't fun AT ALL.

March 31st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I gained 40 when I was pregnant, lost 60, then moved and gained 30 back last year and now I'm back on the diet wagon and have lost 36 since December 21st. Currently right around my smallest adult weight and I have a ways to go to get down to a healthy weight.

We went to the park this morning and then we played outside with one of the neighbors for a bit a little while ago. I want to get Alex some more outside toys but a lot of them are kinda expensive. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
The Easter egg hunt at the farm was horrible! The rules were to find the 5 different colored eggs, then turn them in for a prize. It was crazy busy, and there were NO eggs out there! DH took Kaitlyn too the harder hunting area and found her 5. I couldn't get any with Dominic for the longest time. I finally got him one orange one. But I seen parents/kids walking around with baskets full of eggs (so, obviously not following rules) and every once in a while a worker would come out and toss handfuls of eggs out but all the bigger kids were running wild trying to grab them, and even some parents.... it wasn't fun AT ALL.
That sucks that it was so bad. People can be so selfish and ruin everyone's fun.

March 31st, 2013, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Shalaine - I'm sorry the egg hunt was such a bad experience.

Yay for mostly STTN!

Some night little rose comes very close to sttn, but usually those are the nights she's in our bed. I've mostly gotten her weaned to just nursing before bed, but last night (early this morning) I gave in and nursed her back to sleep.

SHe has a cold so she isn't sleeping well, last night or so far tonight. Right now she's sleeping on my shoulder as I type. It's not a really bad congestion, just an annoying runny nose.

On a blah moment, I go back to work and the kids go back to school tomorrow. I don't want to go!
March 31st, 2013, 08:17 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We did the easter egg hunt at our church this morning. My seven year old was watching through the window as they set up the little kids' hunt. They basically just set eggs down on the ground so the little ones could just pick them up. He told me they must have forgot they were supposed to hide the eggs LOL Bryce was all for it and even Iz decided she had to get some eggs, too. She found two that were shaped like little monkeys eating bananas and carried them around for hours

Sterling was relieved that while there were eggs just sitting out during his hunt, there were also many hidden around the playground. I think he was the last kid out hunting for eggs because he skipped the ones just sitting on the ground and wanted to find the ones tucked away I think tomorrow I will pick up some clearance eggs and chocolate and hold egg hunts here at home this week--something fun to do during spring break!
Dee Darling 3 likes this.
March 31st, 2013, 09:00 PM
That egg hunt sounds WAY more fun

It sounds like Little Rose's schedule is similar to Dominic's. I am hoping to get him completely weaned by the end of the summer though!

Dominic also has a bit of a cold right now so he's wanted to nurse more often. But I'm kind of over the nursing several times a day thing.

Did anyone else watch the Walking Dead episode?

March 31st, 2013, 11:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All Alex has woken up for last night and (so far) tonight was brief diaper change and resupply of pacifiers. Which is a much welcome change from the 2-3 hour parties she was having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
I think tomorrow I will pick up some clearance eggs and chocolate and hold egg hunts here at home this week--something fun to do during spring break!
That's an amazing idea! I didn't do an egg hunt with Alex but she loves collecting things and bringing them to me when we're outside so I might try that out.

April 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well little rose was all about sleeping on my last night. She was ticked off that I wouldn't nurse her in the middle of the night. Found out why this morning when I saw I had some major leakage on one side - the side she slept on.
April 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so over the no sleeping thing *sigh* I am trying to be patient and understanding because I know her current issues are all about the fact that we were in the hospital but I am tired. So very tired. maybe tonight will be better?
April 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS to you mamas with LO not sleeping very good! Hope things will be better soon.
Kynslee has actually done better with sleeping since I weaned her. She wasn't really a bad sleeper though. But, when nursing if she ever woke at night she'd insist on nursing back to sleep (usually at least 20 mins). Now, if she wakes occasionally I just slip her a pacifier and she usually goes back to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishblessing View Post
Sorry! That doesn't sound like fun! It'd be hard for me to not say things to the older kids and also the parents. It's so rude how some can be so selfish and not abide by rules and take the fun away from others!
April 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I finally found a decent kid's consignment shop today. Got Alex 2 bathing suits, 2 shirts, 2 pair of shorts, a little lawnmower toy and a big bag of wood blocks for like $30. I'll definitely be going back, especially when they do their monthly quarter sale.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yea for good consignment / thrift stores!!! That's a good deal.

I love shopping second hand, especially for Kynslee!! Last week I scored some baby Toms for Kynslee for $3! They are navy so they go great with everything. I was wanting a pair of little Toms for her but didn't want to spend the money (even when I found a used pair for $15). And, the nice thing is that after Kynslee outgrows them I could probably sell for at least $10+ on ebay. I don't care for the Toms as much for adults but I love the little baby Toms!
April 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
April and Ashley - You both sound like you got great deals!

I've been okay for shopping secondhand for Dominic. I don't physically go out and shop a lot (because he drives me crazy at this age!) but I do find a lot of things on the Facebook buy/sell site for our town. I've gotten quite a few good lots of clothes, toys, etc! It's always nice getting a good deal!

I have totally found that as the kids get older it's harder to find good quality second hand clothes though. I guess they get a lot harder on them! My daughter has ripped several pairs of pants lately... drives me crazy! lol

April 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ashley, thats a good deal for tom's!

Shalaine, I've noticed at the shops and stuff that they never have as much of a selection of older kids stuff. Makes sense, babies only wear stuff for a couple months at most.

Last night was weird. Alex was awake from 10:45ish-1ish, then I got stuck on the phone with a friend until 2am, then talked to dh online around 4, then alex woke up at 8. I gave her a new paci and wanted to doze for a few minutes and apparently we both fell back asleep until 10! Tonight should be fun getting her to sleep. Guessing later bed time will be in order.

April 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shalaine - that's so true about older kids' clothing!

April - I hope she sleeps better for you tonight.

I'm tired and I think I'm working on a migraine - no pain yet, but my eyes are acting funky.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search