2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope Alex sleeps good for you tonight! At least you all both got to sleep in some today.

Dee- I hope you don't get a migraine or if so that it passes quickly and isn't too bad of one.

I agree that older kids clothing is a lot harder to find! I buy and resell on ebay and it's so hard to find decent older kids clothes. Or, when I do they always sell good as others know they are harder to get at those prices.

Kynslee is playing so nicely by herself right now with her big mega blocks. She doesn't that often so it's fun to watch her play and enjoy herself without begging for me to hold her or join her. I have the laundry to hang out.... off to work I go
April 2nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm exhausted X.x AJ was up half the night with abdominal pain again he has issues with his bowels and it sucks.

I agree clothes get so hard to find once kids get older. Its next to impossible to find decent stuff second hand for AJ.

I'm thinking I'm going to take a nap until my lil man comes home from school......hopefully a half an hour will refresh me and not make me more tired. K seems very entertained watching the Max and Ruby dvd she got for Easter

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG!

I just got a text from my babysitter telling me that M asked what SEX meant!!!! I don't want to have this conversation yet!!!
April 2nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dee - I hope you are feeling okay still, and that is scary! You know though, I have been thinking about having that conversation with my soon to be 5 year old before she hits school. It's horrible that we have to deal with that so early these days....

I'm about to go pick Kaitlyn up from preschool. Other than that I haven't done much today. I cleaned the house and walked to the mailbox.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 2nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh goodness I don't even want to think about having to explain any of that, especially in as few as 3 or 4 years.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it makes you feel better, Dee, when Sterling was in kindergarten, he went to school and asked a little girl if she wanted to come over, take off all her clothes and have sex

He had no idea what it meant but one of the neighborhood boys (also five) told him that was how to get girls to be your friend so he tried it. We had to have The Talk with him because he wanted to know what it was, why he shouldn't have said it, etc. ack. We did the light version of The Talk and he got just enough information to be satisfied and thankfully he never said something like that again. Oh, and the neighbor kid? He got it from tv/movies--his family paid no attention to ratings and he watched whatever :/
April 3rd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I didn't have the talk with her last night. She never brought it up. Found it it was because some kids told her it's a bad word. She was singing "I'm Sexy and I Know It", but the way she sings it is more like "I'm Sixty and I Know It". She has no clue she's saying it wrong.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
April 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
lol that's funny!

April 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, thanks to some wonderful students, I got to have lunch at 3 pm today.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
3 pm sounds a bit late for lunch? lol Though that is about the time I'll be having lunch too. We slept in a bit and are all behind schedule.

Kaitlyn woke up again with a bad dream. Then called me 2 more times after for various issues (lost her stuffed toy, wanted me to remake her bed....) Then Dominic woke up calling "Mommy! mommy! mommy!" I totally thought it was Kaitlyn! he usually just cries when he wakes up. So I went into her room first (probably cause she already had me there 4 times!) and was like "what now!?" and she didn't even call me haha

April 3rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bleh. I stupidly made an appointment for 9:15 tomorrow. I don't know why I do that lol, I know I don't want to have to get up earlier than normal to get ready. And I gotta run my old cable stuff to Comcast because they're a bunch of dumdums.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:22 PM
I always try to avoid early appointments. I figure I only have a little longer to actually have a relaxed schedule in the mornings before Kaitlyn starts school this coming Sept.

I had a good birthday. It wasn't raining so we spent time outside. DH took the day off and we went for a walk. He also got me roses, chocolates, a camera case, a DQ cake and made me dinner

I got a bike helmet, gel comfort seat (I have a horrible racing seat on my bike now that actually bruises my butt LOL) and a movie gift card from my parents.

All stuff I needed well other than junk food, so I'm pretty happy.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good birthday

April 4th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad it was a good birthday Shalaine!

I'm tired and want to go back to my bed.
April 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Apparently I'm going to have to make a no solicitors sign for my porch... Getting really tired of this crap lately. And I'm way nicer than DH, he just shuts the door in their face but I can't do that lol.

April 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to be too nice to do it, too, but once they've woken up your kids a few times, shutting the door on them when they keep pitching after you said no is really easy
April 5th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh crap! Alex got out of the crib this morning. I guess i'll be spending the day changing her crib over and moving things around in her room. Ugh. So not ready for this.

April 5th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Yikes! I guess I was kind of lucky with Kaitlyn - she fell out on her head pretty early on (I think she was 14 months) and it really hurt so she never climbed out again but would climb in sometimes.

Dominic never really spends any time in his crib unless he's asleep so I am hoping he doesn't have time to learn. I don't blame you for not being ready!

April 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The way her crib is, its a pretty big fall so I really don't want to risk her falling and really hurting herself. Tonight is gonna suuuuuck, I can see it already.
I'm currently waiting on my dad to call me to explain how to turn it into the toddler bed part. He built it and normally I'm good at figuring stuff out without instructions but I'm clearly overlooking something because I'm just not getting it lol.
I have to rearrange a whole bunch of furniture by myself and move a big changing table out of her room because she could climb on it.

Oh and its super weird but I had a dream last night about her getting out of her crib and completely destroying it to do so and having to have my dad come fix it lol.

April 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
That's funny you had that dream! I hope you get it figured out.

I think we didn't change Kaitlyn's crib over right away then because her's doesn't convert to a toddler bed. Same one Dominic is in now. I'll have to go buy a toddler bed for him when he needs to switch. Which I hope isn't for a long long time! though it will be nice to throw the crib out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search