2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Spent today trying to watch local news. A neighboring school district's bus had a roll over crash on the way to school- k-5 kids on the bus. Very scary. A driver of another car killed, but no one else. Makes me want to be with my kids.
April 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am really glad I dont have to go out and buy a toddler bed right now.
My dad made the crib so it goes to a toddler bed, then to a full size later on.

Not sure what we're gonna do when we have another baby though. I guess depending on Alex's age, maybe upgrade her to a twin and reuse the crib for new baby.

Oh thats so scary Dee! I'm sorry that the other driver died but glad that nobody else was killed.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
April - sounds like a nice crib.
April 5th, 2013, 12:57 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dee - That's so sad

April - That kind of crib is nice, and they last a long time! Ours is done after Dom. It's been through at least two kids and was an older used crib when we bought it second hand. If we have another baby I'll just buy a new one.

Ugh DH buys so much junk food. We went to Costco yesterday and he bought wagon wheels and a huge thing of chocolate chips. I honestly wish stores would just stop selling so much crap! Once it's in the house its so hard for me to resist.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 5th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm dreading when DH is home to bring all the junk back in the house. Right now I have like none besides some snacks for Alex and even that isn't a whole lot of junk.

Got furniture moved, waiting on dad to call so I can do the crib. Then I need to go to the store, which was something I needed to do today for a few things anyways. Now my list is longer. More outlet covers (some furniture was covering most the ones in alex's room. A tether for her dresser, a new lamp since her old one was a floor lamp that I was always scared about her pulling over anyways.

April 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sounds like you will have a busy evening of toddler proofing!

I feel tired today, not sure why because I got a decent amount of sleep last night. Probably because I've not really had any healthy meals and that always makes me feel worse though I think it's just mental.

April 5th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm a big dummy. I forgot that we didn't pick a crib/toddler/full design, we ended up going with a crib/youth(twin)/full. Soooo no toddler bed for Alex, and I can't go out and buy a twin mattress right now. I looked at Walmart and Target and they want $60 (for a plastic princess one) or $80 for a wood one. Both is way more than I was wanting to spend right now. I've seen toddler beds on craigslist a lot so I'm going to check there for one. Until then she's on her mattress on the floor. She was super excited all evening, playing on it, piling every stuffed animal she could find on it. When actual bed time came (nearly 2 hours later than normal because it took that long to get everything done) she wasn't so happy. But she only cried for a few minutes. After I comforted her the last time it sounded like she actually stayed on the bed and didn't come back to the door at least. Hopefully the rest of the night isn't too terrible.

April 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Nothing really wrong with a mattress on the floor either at least it's safe! I hope she has a good night!

The kids are in bed so I'm enjoying some quiet time! I can't decide what to do tomorrow. It's been raining here again the last few days so we haven't been playing outside much.

April 6th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
April - How'd Alex do on the mattress last night?

I need to get DH to replace the wheel on M's trundle so we can start trying to have little rose sleep on it.
April 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She did really well. When I checked on her before I went to sleep she was half on the floor half on the mattress lol. She woke up at 3ish which is normal for her but she quieted back down pretty quickly and with no tears. I got up at 8ish to talk to dh and me being up woke her up.
I'm about to go check out a toddler bed I saw on craigslist.

April 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Got to talk to dh a good bit this morning .

Now to try and get a walk in before it rains more. Then come home and attempt to paint the toddler bed. Since it's rainy I'll have to try and do it on my tiny covered entryway.

April 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Did you get the toddler bed painted? What color? You should post a picture =)

Yesterday we went over to our friends place all day and had a good time. Dominic was well behaved for the most part, he's definitely a charmer with certain people and they commented on how well he talks now. I feel like he's made another huge language jump in the last week. While I love communicating with him, he also really does not seem like a baby anymore.

April 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. I got it all cleaned, replaced and tightened screws and mostly sanded yesterday. Gonna work on painting it this afternoon. I'll definitely post pictures when it's done.

It's gonna have a lavender frame and aqua headboard and footboard. I think I might stencjl a design or something on them too.

That's great dom is doing so well on taking. I think Alex is due for another word boom soon. She still doesn't say a ton of stuff but the does have some simple 2-3 word sentences. These kids are getting to big !
irishblessing likes this.

April 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I went to visit my mom today and ended up staying forever! yikes lol when I got back I didn't realize it was so late and ate lunch instead of starting dinner.

I'm making a chicken broccoli casserole for dinner.

April 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, I haven't really been around a lot. But I'm hoping to get back more now. As of tonight the house is ready to list. It took a lot longer than I was hoping, but I'm happy it's ready now. Tomorrow I just have to run a vacuum through, and wash the kitchen counters after breakfast and my agent can come take the pictures and hopefully get this place sold, quickly.

DH started a new job this week too, so we're all trying to figure out a new schedule.

That's my quick update, going to read everything I've missed in the past couple of weeks now.
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

April 8th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex slept 7-7 last night! A night of sleeping straight through was very much needed for me, I've been so tired lately. Hopefully she keeps it up. I doubt it though, she gets my hopes up for a few days then goes back to the usual lol.

April 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
That is nice she slept through the night! It's nice when that happens. I think Dom has slept through the night 5 times in his life.

I am trying to decide if I should go with DH when he goes out of town for work next week. It would be about a 4 hour drive to one place, stay the night in a hotel, then about a 4 hour drive to the next place the next day. And then stay there. I was thinking of crossing the border into Idaho or Montana and doing something there as well. But there isn't a ton of stuff to do that I can find other than national parks and such. Plus I am not sure of how the weather is around there this time of year. And I would be doing some of these outings on our own because DH does actually have to work while there which kind of freaks me out. It would be a lot of driving and if I can't find enough activities to do with them, also a lot of sitting around. Hmmm. My cousins do live up there and have two kids the same age so I could see if they wanted to get together (plus I bet they know of any fun things there are to do with kids around there)

April 8th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex has only slept through a handful of times too. I doubt she will tonight since it's the first night in the actual toddler bed.

That could be fun little adventure. I'm sure you could find something to do, especially with your cousins help.

April 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM
It's actually sunny here this afternoon! I was able to get the kids outside for a while and clear some brush in the back yard. I want to get a lot more open space cleared up back there this spring!

April 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was mostly cloudy all day here, with just a hint of blue sky. At least it wasn't raining.

I need to stop staying up so late. I'm exhausted, I just don't bother to drag myself to bed until way too late. :/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search