2014 by 2014??

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Went and bought most the stuff I need for my garden. Might need more plants but I'm gonna see how it looks with what I got already. I didn't really think about how I was going to have to get all that stuff to my patio by myself with a toddler. My apartment is tucked in the back away from the parking lot so it's a bit of a trip each time.
It started raining right before I started unloading it too. I put Alex in the stroller and just walked back and forth with stuff while pushing her. (We're still working on her staying near me when I let her walk and I didn't trust her to not try to run off)
One of my neighbors happen to be outside on one of my trips and she let me park Alex's stroller with her and let me borrow a wagon so I could finish easier. Though at that point I had already moved 2 big bags of dirt and 2 big bags of mulch, plus most the plants (I put some them in the stroller basket each trip from the car). The last 2 bags of mulch were much easier at least lol.
Now it just needs to stop raining so I can work on it.
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm slightly stressing. I have one girl at a birthday party, one girl going on a play date (at least it's not here), a son I'm trying to keep quiet and a husband who is supposed to be sleeping and we have 2 showings this evening! Showings are supposed to officially start until tomorrow, but our agent thought that if these two families wanted in so badly we should let them in, so I'm in a mad dash to get everything ready. I've been sick all week so today was supposed to be my day to catch up on laundry, now I'm cleaning everything with a hard surface until it shines!

April 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Caroline I hope your house sells quickly so you can stop the showings soon.

April - I'm jealous you can be planting already. We had flurries here today. My poor bulbs.

I really need to vent about the IL's 40th anniversary celebration SIL is planning (that all the siblings will be paying for - 5 others of us). It will be somewhere in size (and cost potentially) of my brother's 70 person wedding, if it was held in a backyard. Dh is upset but doesn't want to rain on people's parades. GRRRR!
April 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM
It was snowing here today too. My poor bulbs are never going to bloom, as soon as a green shoot comes up it freezes off.

Yikes that's an expensive anniversary. Good luck with the planning!

April 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to plant but then we seem to get another really cold snap and I have second thoughts. I need to do a bunch of reading and research growing different things but I'm not quite as into it as I need to be yet.

I can't even decide what to make for dinner.

I can't wait for camping and the summer! Camping this year should be great because a few other people with kids are going to come. Usually mine are the only ones.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 13th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's in the 40s and 50s here which is still pretty chilly but not too bad. I only bought cheap plants so I'm not too worried about it if they all die. I'm just gonna kinda throw them in there and see what happens lol.
Now I just need it to stop being crazy and raining/not raining every 10 minutes.

That's an expensive anniversary Dee!

Hope your showings go well Caroline!

Ugh. I messed up and ate really really terribly today. Like WAY over my carbs. I was out shopping until almost 5 and starving so I went to a drive through and accidentally ended up ordering 2 meals. I was going to order just a sandwich for me and give Alex the fries and get her an order of chicken. Well without thinking I ordered a chicken meal for her and a sandwich meal for me. Fries are my vice, I used to eat SOOOOO many french fries. So once I had this entire extra order of fries I couldn't bring myself to throw them out and not eat them. (lame excuse I know) It's the first time I've eaten junky carbs in almost 3 months and I feel like absolute crap. bleh, now I remember why I've stopped eating them. Hopefully I stop feeling awful soon and it doesn't set me back too far diet wise.

April 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How hard is it, in the day and age of GPS, to just give someone an address to something? Seriously, I don't want directions I want a freaking address. I don't care if it's "only 2 turns off the highway". It's somewhere I never drive around and I SUCK at directions. I can't remember them and I don't have time to read them while driving. ESPECIALLY if your directions don't even include street names.

Last edited by Aenyx; April 14th, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
April 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Went to a town 4 hours away and took a new route apparently. The GPS and Google maps both told us we were driving through fields! Got to love technology!

Is it bad that I'm still ticked and stressed about how much this blasted anniversary party is going to cost? Blah, the siblings-in-law are really making me dread functions with them.
April 14th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Not bad at all, I'd be stressed too! You're not alone though, 11 years and I still dread functions with my sibling in laws. I wish you a lot of luck getting through this one.

April 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Caroline I may need duct tape before this event is over.
April 15th, 2013, 04:14 AM
LOL!! I so feel for you.

April 15th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Taking the bull by the horns. Putting in my 2 cents and then some into the party planning. After all, I am the oldest of all of them and the alpha DIL. It's about time I start throwing my weight around.

Rental linens my a** - we don't need the expense!
April 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
You go girl!!

Seriously? Rental linens? Oh my, makes me wonder what else they think they need.

April 15th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did I tell you they actually priced a 3 piece band?
April 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rental linens... seriously?
A band...?
Wowwww.

You should totally take some control of that situation Dee. Show em who's boss lol.

April 15th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do they want everyone in black tie attire, too?

This day has gone downhill quickly. Iz got up too early and playgroup was during naptime. Now she won't sleep and is crying over everything! *sigh*
April 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hazel - I'm actually surprised they haven't suggested dress yet either.

I'm sorry about Iz. I hope she goes down for you soon. Overtired kids are the worst!
April 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
My GPS has it's issues every now and then too! Plus I think I lost the software to update the maps so I am just out of luck if I need to use a route that has had changes made (which seems to be everywhere these days!)

I hope Iz goes to sleep soon!!

I worked 5-3:30 am last night, then DH was getting ready to go out of town and Dominic woke up. I ended up being up till 6:30 this morning! yuck lol At least I don't have any plans today.

April 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Dom has used the potty twice this morning. Once when he got up and just now. He asked me to take his diaper and pants off so he could use it. He's growing up so much and yes, only a crazy cloth diapering mom like myself would actually feel a little sad about potty training lol. I don't know if I should put him in underwear or what. I don't think I will yet but taking the diaper on and off is getting old really fast.
Dee Darling 3 likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Darling 3 View Post
Did I tell you they actually priced a 3 piece band?
Yikes!! I hope someone gets their head out of the clouds and starts to listen to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search