Talking

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By Meg1227

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 06:51 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many words does LO say, if any? Is it clear or hard to understand? Do they usually play quietly or babble a lot?

Cody is very vocal and can say "hi" "bye" "momma/mommy" "what's that" "what's this" and "uh-oh".
Sometimes it's clear, sometimes not. The questions sounds more like "waaasssat" and "wasssiss" And if he's not "talking," he's trying to make all sorts of sounds. Not a quiet kid by any means.
March 29th, 2013, 07:44 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Honestly, Gary says a lot. I hate talking about it because people seem to think we are lying until they actually talk to him. And he just recently started saying thank you last weekend.
I am not sure how many words he says, but its quite a few and we are amazed everyday with this kid.
ShelleyB80 likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Gio is talking a lot too. my favorite by far is "love you" Some stuff is clear and you know for sure what he's saying but others we've just come to understand, i mean they're close but sometimes it takes a second to realize what he said hah!

March 29th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Honestly, Gary says a lot. I hate talking about it because people seem to think we are lying until they actually talk to him. And he just recently started saying thank you last weekend.
I know what you mean, that is how my Veronika was; she was an extremely early talker and at this age could repeat ANYTHING I said to her, and people always made me feel like I'm exaggerating until they met or her or I would post a video. She's now almost 5 and talks like a 10 year old. lol sometimes it's actually frustrating b/c she always has a come-back or talks back in words I never even knew she knows.

Sebastian says a few words and babbles non-stop, though. He says bye-bye, papa, what's this?, what's that?, and what is that?" Yesterday I gave the girls yogurt and he started saying "go-goo, go-goo", I could have sworn he was trying to say yogurt. Oh, and he says "hi" to DH on the phone allll the time. But not too many words yet.
March 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I ALMOST posted a video on FB last week because I know someone thought we were lying about Gary knowing his body parts. And he DOES. But I am not going to post an "i told you so video" its just not worth the energy so people believe me. . .

March 29th, 2013, 10:06 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
I am not sure how many words he says, but its quite a few and we are amazed everyday with this kid.
Just thought of it now - the other day when Cody pointed to something - I gave it to him and I could have sworn he said "thanks."

I believe you!
sareymac likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Julka
Sebastian also says "catch" which I forgot about! When he throws something, anything, he says "catch!"
ShelleyB80 likes this.
March 29th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lydia too is talking constantly. She is quite the parrot. The other day, I was giving DH shopping list and I said coke zero. I promise you she immediately repeated coke zero!!! We were stunned! My favorites are I love you and bless you! Some are very clear and others are still a little fuzzy
ShelleyB80 likes this.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww....

My little Jon is not talking. I'm not sure whether to be worried or not. I know he understands everything I say because he will follow instructions...but he doesn't say words....will ask the pedi. next time we go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search