Wishing baby was older....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By kazarmo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 05:39 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I often find myself wishing that Cody was already 3 or 4 years old - but then I feel bad because he'll only be a baby once. I just look at my DD who's 3 now, and how she can particiate more in family activities and how going places isn't as difficult as when she was a baby. Now that summer is on the horizon, I'd love to go to the beach and stuff but I know bringing a 1 1/2 year old will be tough! Especially since I have two other kids. My DD is potty trained now, eats what we eat, and sleeps all night. She knows not to stray from us and will get something out of a vacation; whereas with Cody we still have to do so much for him. I feel bad for thinking this way, and I look at him now and think he's so cute and don't want him to change! But I really wish we could all do something as a family that everyone can get something out of. Anyone else feel this way?
April 3rd, 2013, 07:03 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Yes, even more so now with a newborn it's like now I have to wait 5 more years for us to do anything and it be slightly fun for all of us and not just a chore.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Julka
I am OK with the way things are. Yes, I agree that taking them places is easier when they're older, but for us, it isn't that difficult right now either. But Sebastian is an easy-going baby - he already sleeps all night and eats what we eat. He has no issues staying in the stroller when necessary. I just try to live in the moment as much as I can. I'm actually trying to plan a summer vacation but haven't figured out where to just yet. I don't think our babies "don't get anything" out of a vacation - when we go somewhere together, Sebastian definitely enjoys himself in his own way and I can see how much fun he has. We sometimes just divide, i.e. DH keeps an eye on the older kids and I keep an eye on the baby. It's very much doable. It will be easier in 3-4 years, for sure, but I think it's possible to have a nice vacation now too and for everyone to enjoy themselves.
Lorena26 and ratladee like this.
April 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I for sure see where you are coming from. Now though I have 2 babies and Lina isn't exactly the most easy going baby/toddler. She loves being out but she can only handle so much before she can lose it due to nap, hungry etc. I can bring food and drink but Lina doesn't sleep anywhere but her crib.
now with a newborn it starts all over. I think I will just be doing a lot of baby wearing of my youngest and take each day as it comes.
ratladee likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

April 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean, my oldest is 3 (almost 4) and she's getting to an age that we can do fun things like mini golf or movies but we can't do them with Nathan (well depends on the activity). We do more of getting a sitter for Nathan am do a special day for her or one of us has a special daughter/xxx day.
However I am also glad of his age sometimes when my dd is throwing a ridiculous fit and he's running around laughing no care in the world
We're planning a mini vacation to an indoor waterpark to see how that goes. It's just for a weekend so a good test!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I know it can be easy to wish they were older so things are easier but i always try to tell myself not to wish time away, life is so short and i wanna enjoy every bit of it! I used to say "i can't wait until this, i can't wait until that" but have realized that time passes so fast and looking forward to things (instead of wishing them away so to speak) is better. I do enjoy this stage and i do look forward to when he can enjoy stuff more (but like Julia said, he enjoys stuff in his own way) and that time will come soon enough. I wanna enjoy him while he still wants to be held, wants to be snuggled and needs me as much as he does now

April 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
I for sure see where you are coming from. Now though I have 2 babies and Lina isn't exactly the most easy going baby/toddler. She loves being out but she can only handle so much before she can lose it due to nap, hungry etc. I can bring food and drink but Lina doesn't sleep anywhere but her crib.
now with a newborn it starts all over. I think I will just be doing a lot of baby wearing of my youngest and take each day as it comes.
I am so much more useful now that I have my ergo! Wish I would have gotten it sooner. Madison is the same way as Lina...

April 4th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I'm missing the baby years!!!! Maybe because we are done having kiddos! It has been fun though seeing both of them out in the yard and she can get in and out of the house by herself but I still have to monitor things like eating the sidewalk chalk! (we have had some colorful diapers lately)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search