Qotd-4/4

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How did you pick your childrens names?

We picked Nara Faye mostly for it's meaning. Nara means "nearest one" in Old English or "sacred oak" in Japanese and we had never heard of anyone with it. Faye was my mother's name and means "of the fairies". So her whole name means "nearest one of the fairies".

April 4th, 2013, 03:24 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaitlyn was the only name on both our lists that we actually both liked. And Renee is DH's mom's middle name. Kaitlyn means Pure, and Renee means Reborn.

Dominic was the boy name we had picked if she was a girl so we just kept it. It means Oh the Lord or belonging to God something like that. his middle names are James Allan which are both family names.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My XH always wanted to name a son Chuck, so we named him Charles James. James is after my x-FIL.

Lewis is after my father who passed away in '04. His middle name, John, is after XH's grandfather.

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
April 4th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Daniel is Neely's middle name and his dad's first name. We chose Elias because I liked it and it sounded really good with Daniel.

Keelan we chose because it was different. It means small or slim in Gaelic. David is my brother's middle name.

My older two, Sarah Michelle was a compromise. I wanted Sarah Elizabeth and he wanted Kristen Michelle.

James Earl is a junior. No imagination there.
April 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alexandra dh picked, he really really wanted it for some reason. Logan I just picked because I love it as a girls name and Marie is my sister's middle name.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Madison was a compromise that my ex wanted, Courtney is my moms maiden name and also my sisters middle name. Star was what my ex wanted. I wish I never agreed to that lol.

Olivia my and my hubby both agreed and loved it. Ivy is what my DH came up with one day and I absolutely love it, Kinda wish we used it as her first name! And Ann is also after my sister!

Carter is another name we both liked ( I wanted Elijah!) and James is my Dhs middle name. In thinking about adding Samuel to the end of his name then all 3 of my kids will have my sisters name in some form <3
April 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My oldest, Kiera, was going to be a kieran if she was a boy, so when we found out it was a girl, we just took the N off. Her middle name Marie is my best friend's middle name.

Silas, I named him that because I have always loved it. I heard it a few times, but fell in love from watching the show Weeds. I am not a pot head or anything, but I was waching the movie the other night "How High" and the drug dealer/pot growers name was Silas as well, so I am kind of hoping that I didn't set my son up to be one of these guys. At least on weeds and in that movie the Silas' were both really smart, and both were great in Botany lol. His middle name's Jason and William are after two people who passed away. Jason was my best friend, and he died almost 4 years ago. And William is my step dad who passed away in 93.

Ayla... well I just closed my eyes and picked.
April 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee is a name DH and I both agreed on. We wanted something that you don't hear everyday and spelled differently.

Lynn Raquelle - Lynn is DH's mn and Raquelle is for my mom's first name, which is Rachel.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
April 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
wingqueen26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wasn't hard for us because we chose family names:

Adele - DH's grandmother
Emrys - my grandfather

thank u quantum leap for my siggy

April 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I have always liked unique names with an Irish background. With all 3 kids, we had lists of name we liked with middle name combinations.

M is for both my mother and DH's grandmother.
K is a name we both liked w/ his middle name for DH
little rose is a name we liked and her middle name is for DH's mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search