It's been awhile...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By lrowe70

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello all!
Except for a few of you on my Facebook, probably no one here even remembers who I am.
Possibly I last posted in July when my babe turned 1?

Just wanted to give a quick update...

-My son, Chauncey(dob: 7/27/11), is a happy and healthy 20 month old. I'm in the very beginning stages of planning a Super Why! 2nd birthday party for him. However just today we went to a children's faire thing where they had a room full of nothing but empty boxes. The kids went nuts! Now I'm thinking of filling the family room with boxes and calling it a birthday party.

-Still breastfeeding, though stupid Aunt Flo returned for good about 5 months ago.

-Gained 24lbs during pregnancy, lost 26 by the time he was 3 months old, gained over half that back a few months later, scale slowly inched up and up, so I finally decided to join Weight Watchers 6 weeks ago. My goal is a pound a week, but am so far down 9!

-About a month ago did "potty training bootcamp", which was a disaster for the first 30 hours. But then he got it! He has an accident only about 5 times a week now(usually on his way to the toilet). Tonight is the first time we're going to try to have him sleep diaper free.

-He got into a Montessori school by our home in January which we are very happy with. His previous daycare was fine, but not something we wanted long term. His new school goes up to 8th grade if we decide to leave him.

-We have zero plans to have another child. Of course life can sometimes throw you a curve ball.

-Still co-sleeping, turned his crib into a toddler bed last summer and now use it to fold laundry.

-My babe's hair is LONG and curly. When he gets it wet it is half way down his back. On rare occasions he lets us put it in a ponytail. If you had asked me what I thought of boys with long hair 5 years ago, I'd have said "yuck!". But we have no intentions of cutting it anytime soon.

Well, it looks like I've got a lot of reading to do...look forward to hearing what all of you and your babes are up to.
Just_Marie, Quantum_Leap and Ahari like this.
April 6th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for popping in to say hi! I have you on FB so I keep up on there.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good to hear from you! Thanks for the update.

April 7th, 2013, 10:32 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to hear from you!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Hey Lindsey! I have you on Facebook, so I've kept up, too! Thanks for the update! Chauncey is adorable with his long hair! I'm mega impressed that you've got him potty trained already.
April 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad to see all is going well with you and Chauncey. I'm so impressed with the potty training and couldn't help laughing about the toddler bed.
April 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! It's nice to meet you and hear such a great update about your LO. I was thinking about putting my daughter, Nara, in a Montessori school after she turns two or three.

April 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back, I remember you. Good to have you back.

April 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!! It's nice to hear from you again!! I'm so glad to see you.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search