Postpartum Anger?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Is there such a thing?

I am finding myself getting more and more angry with poor Tucker for just being a baby. I get mad if he wakes up earlier at night than I want him to. Angry if he won't sleep in his bassinet. Angry if he won't drink all of his bottle.

Logically I know he is just a baby! So what if he doesn't want his bottle? He's just a baby!! But in the ment I get SO mad I don't even feel like myself I just see red. I have never been an angry person before, and I don't know how to handle it.

Tucker has been waking up more frequently the last two nights (4 month sleep regression) and I am SO mad at him for it, I have been rocking him and saying in my mind, "Please give me the patience to deal with this. Please don't let me lose it."

This is not normal, right?

I talked to DH about it yesterday and he agreed that I am way more angry and irritable since I have had Tucker, and he thinks it's getting worse. Part of me thinks it's just because I am SO tired and don't have any help all day and all night and no way to catch up on sleep, but the other part of me is laying awake in the middle of the night seething because my baby won't sleep. Even after he IS sleeping I can't get back to sleep because I'm so mad.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I need advice.
April 9th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Sounds more like PPD to me. It can exhibit itself as anger towards your baby. Talk to your doc! ((hugs))
Smashley, Just_Marie and DaniB+3 like this.
April 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS mama!! I have not had this before but I agree with Rachel, sounds like PPD. I'd for sure talk to your doc. Get some professional help - it'd be best for you.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
April 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm also going to say PPD, I went through it with both of my first two and it was the same thing, I was just so angry with them. Please talk to your doctor, you can get help then you'll sleep better and feel better.

April 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the ladies above, I would discuss it with your doctor. It is okay to get frustrated with them from time to time of course but it sounds like something more than that.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 10th, 2013, 06:12 AM
r&lsmama
I was also going to say ppd. deffinetly take the time to talk to your dr, it can help.
April 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks ladies! I made an apt for today at 2:30. I'm nervous to talk about it; I don't want the dr to think I'm a bad mom or try to take away the kids or something
April 10th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia_16_ View Post
Thanks ladies! I made an apt for today at 2:30. I'm nervous to talk about it; I don't want the dr to think I'm a bad mom or try to take away the kids or something
You're definitely not a bad mom. PPD is a nasty *****!
April 10th, 2013, 10:28 AM
You're not a bad mom and your doctor won't take away your kids. I know how hard it is to ask for help, but it's the best thing you can do for you and for your kids.

If you want to chat, PM me, I've been through it and sometimes it helps just to know you're not alone in your feelings.

April 10th, 2013, 10:47 AM
~Rae~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bless your heart. You can't help it. It will get better once you see your doctor.
The best thing about this is, you recognize it. You didn't let it spiral out of control.
andi2284 likes this.

April 10th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You are not a bad mom. In fact, you are the best mom in the world because you recognized this was a problem and are taking steps to get help before something happens.

Rachel and momie2b9-20-11 like this.
April 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are for sure NOT a bad mom! PPD is a real thing and real every day moms suffer from it. You are doing a wonderful job and wanting to do something about this means you are better then most moms!!

I always feel horrible about admitting this, but I didn't feel real deep love for Kynslee until about 24 hrs after she was born. I hear some moms say that the minute they see their kids they love them unconditionally. I wish I was that way with Kynslee. I knew I loved her but I just didn't really feel it. I didn't have PPD but every mom goes through different things. I'm so glad you are reaching out for help! KUP on what your doc says
April 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was this way with the twins. It never got to the point that I would do anything, but there were thoughts that went through my mind that I didn't like. Luckily, my friend went through something similar after her first, so I knew that I wasn't crazy (though, I sure felt like I was). I went to the doctor, and she kept tabs on me. I also asked for help as much as I could.
April 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the gals. You're not a bad mom and just you making the appt to go see your dr about this shows that you are a good mom.
April 10th, 2013, 08:46 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PPD. I had it after the twins. The best thing you can do is address it and get treatment .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

April 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Mummy to great girls
How did it go at the doctors? HUGS

April 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks so much for the support everyone!

I had a nice chat with the doctor, and she was SO understanding and empathetic. She suggested that I see a social worker. She said the social worker would be able to teach me techniques to calm down when I'm angry. She also thinks I am extremely sleep deprived, and said that if she could send me home with a prescription for more sleep she would do that lol She said the social worker would also be able to help me learn how to fall asleep faster and how to get into a deeper sleep when I DO fall asleep so that even if I am being awoken every 1.5 hours by one kid or the other that it would feel like I have slept more.

She thinks I caught it very quickly and said the social worker will keep an eye on me to make sure it doesn't spiral down anymore, and suggested I ask hubby and my close family and friends to keep an eye out for any more mood changes as well because usuallu people on the outside can see it faster than we can.

I'm hoping to get an apt with the social worker asap so I don't have to stress about being home alone and angry with the kids!

Thanks again for the support!!!
April 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the visit with your doctor went well! Hope you are able to get an appointment with a social worker quickly. And, hopefully you find someone who could come in and help you possibly.
April 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Very happy you went in. I hope you get the next apt quickly and get some good advice. I know how hard it is with kids, but moms really do need to look after themselves too.

April 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm glad she was able to recommend something. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by navywifey2003; April 11th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search