Potty training...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any LOs using the potty all the time now? Working on it? Do you potty train your LO or just follow your LOs lead?

Zane used to use the toilet a lot (with my help....not a potty chair, but toilet), but that was when he was about 18 months. For months now he won't sit on the toilet at all. I may actually see about digging out the old potty chair though. I think part if it is he is scared to sit on the actual toilet.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

April 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
DD likes to run around without a diaper on... we've only had 2 "accidents". I tell her that when she needs to go peepee to tell me. So far, she always runs to get a diaper. She refuses to sit on the toilet, but will sit on her potty for a good while. At this stage I'm following her lead. We'll probably start potty training for real in the summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Kia is in undies full time at home. She has a lot of accidents though. It's kinda interesting, after one or two she'll start catching on and actually say that she needs to go pee. Then the process starts all over the following day. When we are out and about I have a diaper on her and she never attempts to tell me that she needs to go when she has a diaper. Once it gets warmer and we're free of winter clothes I'm planning to put her in undies full time inside and out.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 12th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Special_K's Avatar Veteran
Kayla seems to be far from having a desire to actually use her potty. She will sit on it with her clothes on when I go into the bathroom or before bath time, but even that is only for a second. Then, she gets up closes the lid, claps her hands and says "yay, good job!". I guess I am more going with her lead than pressing the issue at this point.

May 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lily loves the potty and I think she's totally ready to train. I am planning to use the first few days after school lets out to do the crash course potty training where you go straight to underwear.

I'd love to go with her lead right now but school is so busy and I want to devote all my time to her when I do it.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
May 12th, 2013, 04:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Shawn pees on the potty now, quite a bit, but he still has a lot of accidents. We bought a potty seat for him but like the rest of my kids he doesn't use it. One day he just climbed up on the potty and peed. It's cute. He climbs on there backwards and kind of kneels and pees but I don't really care how he does it. He hasn't gone poo on the potty yet but he has the peeing all figured out now.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I don't come on here much, I've been a member of another board for a while now and decided to pop in over here to see if anyone was talking about potty training. My daughter turned two end of March. I have a week on in July, that was when i really wanted to get her potty trained but then I started thinking how nice it'd be if she were fully potty trained before then, that way I didn't have to spend my whole vacation trying to do it. So we picked out some minnie mouse undies and i'm going to give it a whirl this weekend since it's a 3 day weekend. I'm goign to have to do pull-ups or diapers at night since she's still in her crib (she fights bedtime, afraid if i put her in her big girl bed she'll escape every night, will put this up in july). I hope this is easy! LOL

Those of you with children in the process of potty training, do you putt pull ups on the kids when you go to the store or out to dinner etc?

Also, I'm a wimp, can't hold my 25lb child over a public toilet for very long...do any of you use the portable seat covers or anything to put on the public toilets? I found this and thought about trying it out. I figure I'll put it in a ziploc storage bag, carry some lysole wipes with me and after she's done i'll wipe it down and stick it back in the bag and shove it in the diaper bag or my purse lol

Travel Potty Seat | giggle
May 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wyatt was really showing interest up until a few months ago. I planned to start potty training him and then when it hit that time he stopped being interested. He was going in the potty months ago however anymore he will just sit and not do anything. I don't want to push it.
June 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Been out few times without a diaper. Feels stressing but we havent had any troubles. I dont trust her to tell me when she actually needs to pee but she is agreeable to pee when I ask her to so I just make sure to ask at least every hour. Thankfully there are a lot of clean bathrooms with pottys for her to use around town.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
June 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM
LovingMyLittleMan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought Jacob a potty seat when he turned 2 in April. It's the kind you set on top of the toilet. When we first introduced him to it he would constantly want to sit on it but never did anything. Now sometimes he will ask to sit on it but he just gets on it and flushes the toilet and that's it. I've pretty much decided to wait until he's 2 1/2 to do it full force. I just don't think he's ready quite yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search