Who chooses what they wear?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Do you let LO choose, or do you insist on a certain outfit?

DD would wear her sports clothes every day, and I usually let her. A friend of mine said, "Oh, I only ever see her in sports gear." It annoyed me only because if she was a boy, I don't think it would even have been a topic of conversation. I now sometimes hide her favorite things for a day or two so she can wear a variety of clothes.

What about you...
Do you choose their clothes?
Does anyone ever comment on what they wear?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually choose her clothes. She has begun playing dress up more and more. Especially, with her sisters clothes. She'll put on about 6 shirts at a time.

I get a lot of compliments on how cute she is dressed a lot. I work at the Gymboree and have a bit of a shopping problem.
April 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
IF we're just staying at home she gets to pick. She really loves to go pick out clothes to wear. If we're going somewhere I want something I consider cute and try to convince her to put it on, usually it works out.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
April 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just grab an outfit for him every day. I've never asked him. But when we are putting laundry away sometimes he sees something we wants to wear and I'll put it on him.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I choose her clothes and will for as long as I can. I've seen the tantrums that can ensue when older kids want to wear something and the parents say no. Maybe if I never let her choose, I'll never have to deal with that! Lol

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
May 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I choose Shawn's clothes for him but if he has something he wants to wear I usually let him wear it. I have a post on the blog from a long time ago about mismatched clothes because I let my kids pick out there own clothes and if they want to wear mismatched things I just let them. I don't comments about how Shawn or any of my kids dress but if I did I doubt I would care. Let them think what they want.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search