New things...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes
  • 4 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 2 Post By amrose
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 4 Post By Lorena26
  • 2 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By swild19
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By mBABYe
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 2 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By Snookums

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 06:33 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I wanted to share the new thing Gary has been doing and figured, I would find out what new things your LOs are up to the past week or so!?!

Gary has been bringing me diapers when he poops. yesterday he did it when he peed once. He brought me a diaper and i said, you need your butt cleaned, and he handed it to me and laid down lol it was so cute. i thought it was a fluke at first, but on Saturday he did it with two poops and Sunday with pee. I was like wow. thats kind of awesome. The end.

April 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really neat that he's making that connection! Cody has a poop/pee themed habit, too. He says "uh-oh" whenever he poops first thing in the morning. I guess because his diaper is already wet, if he poops it may leak through. So he knows when it's about to get messy! The other thing he's doing is hitting me in the face with either a toy or his hand. He thinks it's hilarious.
ComfortablyMum likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Thats so funny !! hahaha Yeaaa Garys also started hitting. HARD. not cool.

April 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
amrose's Avatar loves her little monkey!
Hunter told me poopoo when he pooped yesterday. Idk if it was a fluke or not. He also has a problem with hitting, head butting and biting me. He has been being bullied at daycare and is finally taking up for himself at but hes also starting to be a little meanie! ! Speaking of meanie... he has statted calling me meanie sometimes too. Hes such a turd!! Dh and i say hes like one of those sour patch kids... sour then sweet. Lol he will hit or bite, say no no and then hug or kiss us.
ComfortablyMum and sareymac like this.
April 15th, 2013, 10:49 AM
When I sternly tell Cody that "we don't hit" and it's "bad" to do so, he makes the cutest little sad face! Very hard to keep a straight face
April 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Yesss the sad face is the cutest!! garys eyes seem to get bigger and bluer lol We say "Uhhh!" and he instantly hugs or kisses us haha
ShelleyB80 likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Gio started calling DH "Ron" Well he still calls him dad/dada but he walks around the house yelling "Roooon!" He heard me do it once and that was it, it was stuck

Lemme see, what's new, or relatively new... Well he gets mad if i cut up certain food for him, he wants to hold it and bite. He brings me his shoes when he wants to go outside and he'll take your hand and lead you to either walk around with him or go play

April 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Julka
Sebastian is saying 2 new words, "ilk" (milk) and "g'there!" (go there). He also brings me his shoes or snowsuit when I say we're going outside, although snowsuit weather is ending! I have been teaching him his body parts, i.e. nose, etc. well, I wasn't sure he was getting it, but the last few times when I ask, "Where is your nose?", he takes MY hand and puts it on HIS nose, haha. Just like I do when I show him where his nose is.

He started hating his socks. Pulls them off constantly. And not just that, but he approaches anyone else wearing socks and tries to pull them off and screams if we refuse to!

Like Gio, some foods he prefers un-cut these days. And he's obsessed with putting things in the garbage and taking the garbage out.
Lorena26 and mBABYe like this.
April 16th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Aw, that's cute I'm pretty sure Cody told me to sit down yesterday. We were outside and I stood up from the back steps, then he sat down. He sort of motioned for me to sit back down and said something I couldn't quite understand!
April 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Loves Kate!
Katelyn has starting climbing. She has been able to climb up in chairs for a while but yesterday she climbed up in one of the dining room chairs and then up onto the table before I realized what she was doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
I have been teaching him his body parts, i.e. nose, etc. well, I wasn't sure he was getting it, but the last few times when I ask, "Where is your nose?", he takes MY hand and puts it on HIS nose, haha. Just like I do when I show him where his nose is.
Katelyn does this with books. We will be looking at a book and she will take my finger and run it along the words like I do a lot when I read to her.

Born 11/19/11
April 18th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Since it's been warmer out, I've been taking Cody outside to play after dinner. He can now climb the wooden steps to the playset all by himself. And they are pretty steep! When he gets up top to the fort, he peeks out at me through the bars and laughs
April 27th, 2013, 03:18 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I love these stories!

Drake loves to open the dishwasher, put something in it, close it, lock it then start it. Now if only we can get him to load all the dishes, add the soap and then start it, we would be golden! Oh this one I LOVE! When Drake is all done in the tub, he will pull the plug and then reach for me to get him out. It's so amazing to watch him learn!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
LOL!! I'm a little late to the game here. What's new ehh? Haha. J's been doing a ton of new stuff! I love this stage A lot of what you girls mentioned already.. the "ick" for milk, pulls the plug in the tub to get out & then stands and says "ALL DONE!", he goes to the door & says "out" when he wants to go out & play, goes to the fridge when he's hungry and taps on it and says "TANK YOU", I made him a shelf all for himself in the pantry and he will pick out granola bars or a fruit or veggie snack cup and bring it to me to open (love those btw... green beans are his fav! *Walmart), he says "MART! Set! Goooooo!" and he races his brother around the house either on foot or with cars and trucks, he will bring me the TV remote and tell me either "icky" (Mickey Mouse), "ORGE" (Curious George), or "Go! Go!" (HAHAA! for Go Diego Go)... all sorts of stuff. I can't think right now. It's really incredible fast our babies grew up. People told me #2 would be "quicker"... & wow.... they were not lying. LOL. I feel like my first was a "baby" for so much longer. <3

Julia... the sock thing made me laugh. My older son used to always do that! HAHA! He was born in October so the first time that he ever even saw socks and was old enough to know what was going on was the following year and he was like ???????? He batted at them and then pulled them right off my feet. Haha! It was IMPOSSIBLE to keep socks on him unless you did it 0.00002 seconds before putting on shoes. LOL!!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

April 29th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Whenever Cody is finished eating or drinking something, he calls "mama!" and reaches out to hand me the empty cup/bowl

He shakes his finger in my face and says "no no!"
April 29th, 2013, 08:12 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Pea can open the dishwasher and close it too. She opens it and takes the dishes out. Kell I LOVE your idea of making Pea her own shelf. We always have the tinfoil and oils down on the bottom shelf and she always takes those and puts them other places. She can climb into her high chair and that scares me! She's tried going down the stairs but I'm too scared to let her. I think I would let her if they were carpet but they aren't. She says spongebob. She can point him out. She does that "smarty pants dance" from america's funniest videos. We got her a motor bike spongebob trike thing where you push the button and it drives. She loves that!! She actually says bye bye now!
ComfortablyMum and mBABYe like this.

April 29th, 2013, 06:43 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Wow! So Eve does a LOT of things mentioned above too!

LOOOOOL @ Gio, Lorena!! That is so cute HAHAHA.
When I yell out "Baaaaaaaabe" calling out for Scott, Eve will say "Baaaaaayyyyy"

Eve brings me her shoes and holds my hand and takes me to the door when she wants to go outside. She did it today and it was pouring with rain outside, so she just stood there and stared LOL

When we read books she will run her finger along the words like I do and point to all the things she likes and talk to me haha. I tell her what all the things are when we read (as in what animal / toy / thing it may be)

When Eve is hungry, she will say "yum yum yum" but it sometimes sounds like "nom nom nom". If she spies her water bottle anywhere, she will motion for it (she's not quite walking on her own just yet), or food.. anything really.

She likes playing on our bed and says "do! do!" (as in "do it!" LOL) cause that is what her Nana taught her when they play on Nana's bed she will "throw" Eve up onto it and Eve will slide down to the floor (like any toddler getting off a bed / couch).. and want to do it again

Any soft toy she see's around she will cuddle and say "awwwwwww"

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Last night when Bubs was in the bath he learned the itsy bitsy spider, like a half hour later he was sitting on the couch and started doing it I was like Omg I love you hahah. . .I am at work so I cant get the pic but its on my FB him doing the spider going up the water spout lol and he just says "Isssy tisssy ssii" over and over again.

April 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
^ sooooooooo cute!!!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

April 30th, 2013, 02:01 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Sarah, I LOVE his little hands when he does it! I was looking at the picture you posted last night and I said AWWWW out loud.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Apparently at daycare when my sitter goes into the kitchen at snack time or lunchtime Nathan starts dancing and yelling 'SNACKTIME!!' Or 'LUNCHTIME!!' (But he won't do it for me lol)
When we are going out or when we get home I say 'shoes' to Nathan and he sits on his bum and holds a foot out to me.
He's just started grabbing his jacket and hitting the door and saying 'go go side' (go outside) soo cute <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search