Lina can count!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By kazarmo
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ok I know that some may not believe me but she kept doing it over and over when I would ask so its not a fluke.
Well I should preface this by saying that Lina is book crazy. I mean over and over and over all day every day to anyone who will read to her. I know this a great thing but sometimes I need to pee or eat and then she gets mad. This may sound bad but I had to hide the books. She has about 60 or so that I have in a plastic 3 drawer shelf that she can get to. I put that whole thing in the closet. I was seriously fed up today of reading the same books over and over. Plus Nora was cluster feeding all morning and I was going a little crazy.

Ok so here's what happened. We got Lina ready for bed but she wanted to play with her Legos so I sat down on the floor and we played with them and then I said ok let's put them away. I put a Lego back in the bag and said 1 then Lina on her own said 2. No one else heard and so I did it again and she did it a few more times and even said 2 and then 3.
I'm super proud.
Now if she will just call me momma or anyone by there name that would be awesome.
ComfortablyMum and ratladee like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

April 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Thats awesome!!! If we say 1...2... Gary says 3 lol But thats hit or miss. . .I think he only does it bc usually its followed by being thrown in the air or picked up or something lol
Go Lina!! Smarty pants!!
ComfortablyMum likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great she's showing an interest in books at an early age. But I'm sure it is hard for you with the new baby and all and reading to her constantly!
April 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
That's so neat! everytime I try to read to Pea she just flips through the pages or plays with it.

April 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
That's awesome!! Go Lina! & LOL.. we totally believe you. J recognizes quite a few letters now and will say them (B, E, S, N... random ones.. nothing in order. LOL.. but if he sees it he will say it! ..with B he even says "Bee. Buhhh." ..from his phonics song I think)

That's great with the books too! I know how frustrating it can be though. When my oldest was about this age he would bring me 10 books to read the second I woke up. Haha! This time around I didn't even start reading to J in the morning. We read in the afternoon. No books to the head at 8am. ..&.. to be honest he doesn't have nearly the same interest. It's more so reading to my older and then J walks around and listens. Haha. ..which is weird bc we do storytime at the library every Thursday morning and he sits & listens to her PERFECTLY. LOL. Stinker.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

April 29th, 2013, 06:35 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Go Lina! What a smartypants

Eve says "two!" when we count LOL.

Me: One, Two..
Eve: TWO!
Me: ...Three
Eve: TWO!
Me: ...Four, Five...
Eve: TWO! TWO! TWO!!

so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
That's so neat! everytime I try to read to Pea she just flips through the pages or plays with it.
this too! We will be reading a book & she will get bored of the page if it is too long, so we often go through ten books in 4 mins

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search