Thinking ahead

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Do you know where your little one will go to elementary school?
April 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Kim
Yes (unless we move). There is a public elementary school about 6 blocks from our house. Jenna is starting JK there in the fall.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, he'll actually be able to attend the same school as both his sisters for kindergarten at our new house instead of like it's been for DD1 and DD2 where one is in one school and the other in a different one and switches for grade 1. Although I have to admit the kindergarten teacher we currently have has already expressed disappointment that we're moving and she won't have him.

April 23rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. We'll probably move before then and I have no clue where we'll be.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Nope not a clue. I don't even know where David will go to 3rd grade.

April 24th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I plan to move before she gets to school. Right now M & K are in the same school. If we don't move that's where all 3 will be for one year.
April 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, if we don't move. She will go to the same school that DH went to. I'm not thrilled with the school system here and may look into private schooling.

April 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Nope! So many schools are closing here these days, I have absolutely no idea!
April 24th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we are still in this area, the charter school my oldest attends
April 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not completely sure. They are trying to start a Traditional School in my city which they are currently both enrolled in. It starts this September. So if that goes well he will go there. However if it doesn't or I don't end up liking it there for whatever reason then he will go to our local elementary school.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
April 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan will go to the local elementary school, where Daniel attends. I highly doubt we'll move. I never want to move again. haha!
April 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So many great options: we're not sure. It'll depend on how his personality and interests develop over the next 3 years.
Possibly the local public school, but he's currently in a Montessori which we like. There is also a language immersion school we're interested in as well as a few charter and private schools. We'll see...
April 29th, 2013, 06:36 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No clue-We live in a HORRIBLE school district at present so for sure not here. I can't imagine we would be able to afford private school here--about $15k/yr and we are not religious so that is out of the question. We have been tossing around the idea of moving back to WI, so maybe somewhere there. CO public schools are really bad, and the two school districts in the Denver area are really expensive to live in...I have no idea what we will do as of right now.

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 29th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping we move back to TX before she starts schools. CA is too liberal a state and I know of several that say they teach kids at a young age many things that we personally don't want Kynslee to be influenced on. For example (from someone we know here in CA) a 12 year old comes home from school and says she's only going to adopt kids from another country and not support America with having kids as in school they were telling the kids that American's are having too many kids and need help supporting other countries and all their kids that don't get enough medical help. I agree it's nice to teach kids to want to help others in other countries that are not as wealthy as we are in things but to teach them they should not support America and not have the joy of bringing a child into the world - No thank you!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
April 29th, 2013, 09:00 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
When we moved last year, we decided not to move to the school district that we had always wanted to move to when we had kids. While we both would love to live in the districts we attended, it just wasn't possible. DH's district is an EXCELLENT district (HS is in the top 100 in the nation according to US News), but the housing costs are quite high and we could get more house for our money elsewhere. My HS is also excellent (in the top 25 in the state per US News), but the location isn't convenient to either of our offices.

When we moved last year, we originally wanted to move to the neighboring district. We could move just a few minutes down the road, be in a better rated district (HS's is in the top 35 in the state per US News, and the district overall has achieved the highest rating possible in Ohio), and still have a convenient drive to work. Unfortunately, housing in that school district is a little more expensive. The district is also having a difficult time passing school levies and has made a lot of cuts. Our current district is still good; it has achieved the 2nd highest rating but the HS is not ranked by US News at all. While they are also having funding issues (who isn't?), they've made fewer cuts and housing is slightly more affordable. So we stayed in our district because basically, if the district goes down the tubes later on we'd be better able to afford private school.

April 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same as the other kids, Catholic in the city
w292737 likes this.
May 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Happy Mommy
Yep,same Catholic school as her sisters

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search