Anyone started potty training?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 07:50 AM
321abc
I've only posted here once or twice before. You may not remember.
Anyway. My son is just barely 16 months old but he's showing signs of being ready to potty train. He's very interested when we go to the bathroom, filling his diaper up at once, goes away to poop or squats down and he is very interested in his potty chair but he hasn't figured it out yet.
He will go get it out of the bathroom and bring it to the living room so when he does, I take his diaper off and tell him to go tee tee. He says "tee tee? Tee tee? But never does.

I would love to have him out of diapers my August (baby 2 is due then) but I never hear of babies especially boys potty training this early. I don't want to start hard core potty training and them be exhausted by it and him not end up potty trained till he's 4.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Julka
I'm not even thinking about it until age 2.

My girls trained at 2y 9m and 2y 4m and even then, it was a challenge. I did hear boys train slower, but no personal experience with that. But I like when the child actually understands what I'm trying to teach them which is why I am waiting longer. All I know is my goal is to train him BEFORE age 3y 9m because that's when he will start kindergarten!
May 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
321abc
He comprehends a lot. He throws his own diapers in the trash, puts his toys up in bins, closes doors. He follows simple instructions. I don't think he would have trouble understanding what I want him to do, I just don't know if he's truly aware of his bodily functions.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
He comprehends a lot. He throws his own diapers in the trash, puts his toys up in bins, closes doors. He follows simple instructions. I don't think he would have trouble understanding what I want him to do, I just don't know if he's truly aware of his bodily functions.
Sebastian understands and does all of that too, but if I take off his diaper and he pees on the floor and I sit him down & explain that you don't do that on the floor but rather in a toilet, I don't think he'll understand what I'm saying, kwim? I just want him to be a bit older, it's easier that way. I mean, if you feel your kid is ready, go for it! But starting this early is not for me.
sugarloafbaby, Lorena26 and 321abc like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, not even thinking about it until 2 or 2 1/2. I'd rather be able to explain to him what to do. I have heard that boys train slower but my older son was trained way before my daughter! She was really stubborn about it. That's good he's showing such an interest in it, though.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Nope Gary has peed on the floor like three times before his bath and now he knows after we say "You peed" or something, to say "Peee peee" now he does it on purpose lol. . . thats the extent of "understanding" he has lol. Or if my hubby says "I'm going pee" Gary wants to "go peeee" so he goes with him haha. But back to the task at hand. Not planning on training for a bit.

A big thank you to Jaidynsmum for another gorgeous siggy!!
May 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
I sat Drake on the potty once to see his reaction, and he was like "Okayyy....." We plan to wait until he is closer to two.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to kind of laugh at this bc my oldest still isn't potty trained, lol! She will be 3 at the end of June. She could care less if she poops or pees in her diaper and doesn't get changed right away, so stubborn! My grandmother who raised 5 and my mother who had 4, both told me to wait until they are 3 to start, less stress for everyone and it's quicker. So that's what I'm doing and I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the communication is really there. I expect Dahlia to train earlier, but only because she has her older sister to learn from.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search