Pacifier

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does you LO still use a pacifier?
If not anymore, when did you take it away?
For those that do, how often / does LO use it?
And, when will you try and break them from using it?

For the LO's that never used a pacifier:
Did your LO not take it or did you purposely not give them one when younger?
May 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does you LO still use a pacifier? yep
If not anymore, when did you take it away? n/a
For those that do, how often / does LO use it? She still uses it at bedtime and occasionally in the carseat and stroller.
And, when will you try and break them from using it? I've been slowly scaling back how much she uses it. We started by her not getting it while she's just up playing and stuff. She knows to take it out and leave it on the bed when she goes to leave her room in the morning. She's been using it less and less outside the house too. Pretty soon that'll stop and then we'll work on bedtime. The bedtime one I was trying to wait until she was a bit better of a sleeper at night.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 5th, 2013, 06:27 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does you LO still use a pacifier? no
If not anymore, when did you take it away? He gave it up on his own at around 2 months

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
He never would take it although I would have liked him to. Instead he still used nursing as a pacifier to put himself to sleep.

[/url
May 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We hadn't planned on giving her one but when we found out about her heart, we decided to offer it to help her through all the tests and surgery ahead of her but she wasnt having it! They gave her one at the hospital when she had her surgery and she used it as a teether
May 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does you LO still use a pacifier? yep/

For those that do, how often / does LO use it? sleeping times and when she's sleepy or crying.

And, when will you try and break them from using it? Not sure yet.
May 6th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Kim
Does you LO still use a pacifier? Yes

For those that do, how often / does LO use it? Ugh, all the **** time. He's been going through a pretty rough bout of teething off and on since January and it really helps him through the day. He's only got three 2 year molars left and then we're done with the teething. We're slowly working on him having it less during the day and only using it for sleep, long drives or occasionally when we're out.

And, when will you try and break them from using it? I'm hoping around 2.

May 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Keelan does not take one. he sort of did when he was younger, but just decided at about 4 months old that he didn't want it anymore.
May 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Happy Mommy
yes she does. only one of my kisd that ever did. I try to discourage it unless she's hurt or sleeping or in the car. but I 'll get more serious after she turns 2
May 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee only occasionally took a pacifier when younger. But, since I stopped bfing in January she has required the pacifier to sleep. And, in the last few months she has also started wanting the pacifier in the car. We don't give her the pacifier any other time usually though.

I'm trying to get her to stop using it while in the car, but she's not really giving it up that easy. She was super sleepy the other night so I tried putting her to bed w/o the pacifier and she was immediately standing up crying and saying "pease, pease, paci pease". As soon as we gave her the pacifier she was quiet and soon asleep. I hoping to start trying to discourage more at night once she hits two.
May 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tristan would NOT take one. It wasn't until he was around 1 or so that he was even interested in playing with them and now he uses them as throwing devices

Thank you babydoll213 for my siggy!
May 9th, 2013, 07:44 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Kaylee never took one! We offered it a couple times but she was a boobies only kinda girl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search