Falling down

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 07:54 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cody's been walking since was 13 months old but is still soooo clumsy! I always try to keep his shoes on him in the house for traction, but that doesn't always help. More often than not, when I get home from work I stick Cody right in his highchair. He's usually ready for dinner anyway, but I do it so he can't hurt himself. The other day he was walking across the room, looking straight ahead and wasn't trying to carry anything. Then all of a sudden it was like he lost his balance and fell on top of a toy truck! Now he has a bruised ribcage He hasn't gone from walking to running yet - just walking faster. I'm afraid of him running because he can't even seem to handle walking half the time! I really don't remember my first two being quite THIS clumsy. DD would fall if she was running and took a turn too sharp or slipped in her socks on the hardwood floor. Honestly since I've been keeping Cody in his pen/highchair when I'm busy doing things, it's greatly decreased the number of bruises!
May 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Aw!!! Gary doesn't pay attention he will be walking looking the other way and walk into a wall and fall down lol Or running playing with the dog and keep his head turned watching the dog chase him and falls lol ugh boys.

May 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep - Cody did that, too. Was walking forward and looking at something else then....whack! Right into the arm of the couch
May 7th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Julka
My daughter Veronika is like that. Even now that she's 5, she still comes home from school with bruised knees & elbows 3-4 times a week because she's just so clumsy! (and yeah, I had her vision checked, it's great so it's not that). But she was always clumsy, since she started walking at 12 months. She'll just exit her bedroom and bump her elbow into the wall randomly? My other daughter does not have this problem. I don't have advice... but I hate watching her get hurt!
May 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Aww. Poor baby! And yes, they will be clumbsy! Drake is a full on runner, and has been walking since 11 months and there are still times when he runs into things. Like, a couple of weeks ago he was running down the hall and ran right into the door jam! I do not have any advice either. I am sorry. I know it sucks seeing our babies get hurt.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Ouch!!!!

Eve isn't walking on her own yet, but I'm not looking forward to seeing her hurt herself more

Poor babies

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
Aw!!! Gary doesn't pay attention he will be walking looking the other way and walk into a wall and fall down....
OMG Gio is so guilty of this! so many times i have to tell him "watch where you're going!!!" also so many times he's misjudged and walked into the corner of the wall around a bend

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search