Are you saving?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 2 Post By sugarloafbaby
  • 1 Post By Snookums
  • 2 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By Thismamaisonherway
  • 1 Post By Snookums
  • 1 Post By KCMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
For anything? How far away is it? What is it?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope I haven't been able to save for anything in a really long time. I would love to take a vacation. A BIG vacation - like to another country or for a week or two, not just a weekend. But I really can't see that happening any time soon.
May 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We are saving for a big ol' ride on chevy truck for gary for Christmas. We are just putting a few bucks away every week and that way at christmas time we can get him that as his big gift. . . I mean thats the plan, but ya know, things could change!
ComfortablyMum likes this.

May 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
We have a savings, but it's not really for anything. I guess it could be emergency, a house down payment, something we want, we paid off the car already and are 100% debt free so we have STACKS! haha We do want to have an actual wedding, we may do that or take the babies on a vacation when they are old enough. I'm thinking we might use some of it to put a down payment on a house in 16 months. But I will be using my handy dandy VA loan with 0% interest woop woop.

May 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM
We are trying to save for two things.

1. Our 5 year anniversary in July. We want to go away near the snowy mountains in a log cabin. How romantic haha..
2. Our 1st family holiday at the end of the year we want to go to Kaiteriteri again. It's SO beautiful up there!

Unfortunately for us, we do not earn a heck of a lot, so money can be tight through the cooler weather (running a heater in Eve's room + the heat pump + no wall insulation = $$$$ to the power company )
Soooo, we're trying, and we will get there, but our savings may not be as high as we had wanted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyB80 View Post
Nope I haven't been able to save for anything in a really long time. I would love to take a vacation. A BIG vacation - like to another country or for a week or two, not just a weekend. But I really can't see that happening any time soon.
Aww I know the feeling. We are TRYING to save, but bills are consuming all the "spare" cash we have =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
We are saving for a big ol' ride on chevy truck for gary for Christmas. We are just putting a few bucks away every week and that way at christmas time we can get him that as his big gift. . . I mean thats the plan, but ya know, things could change!
Awesome!! do you have a pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
We have a savings, but it's not really for anything. I guess it could be emergency, a house down payment, something we want, we paid off the car already and are 100% debt free so we have STACKS! haha We do want to have an actual wedding, we may do that or take the babies on a vacation when they are old enough. I'm thinking we might use some of it to put a down payment on a house in 16 months. But I will be using my handy dandy VA loan with 0% interest woop woop.
<--- you rolling in $$

Last edited by ComfortablyMum; May 9th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
May 9th, 2013, 04:47 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
It's really hard for us to save too. With two car loans, a mortgage, taxes, and everything else we are literally putting away like 5 bucks a week. BUT it will add up

May 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I wouldn't say rolling, but we try to be smart with our money and being in the army definitely has its perks. It seems like our only big expense is daycare at 980$ a month.

May 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Julka
We have a few savings accounts. One of the smaller ones I created a few months ago is specifically for vacation... I don't know where we're going yet! DH doesn't wanna do a hotel with Sebastian still being this small, so he might take a week off and we'll plan stuff for every day... I'm hoping to do Niagara Falls and go to Marine Land.

Next year we'll most likely go somewhere for 1-week and stay in a hotel.
May 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
^ Omg Gio has been in a hotel so many times i've lost count But you do have other kids too so that's a whole different story But a family vacation sounds like fun

We're going on a Disney cruise in September but we're not saving for that, just gonna pay it off in one shot by probably next week or so.

We are planning our escape from this state though. Well DH might not phrase it that way, those are totally my words *hides from the florida people*

May 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
It's really hard for us to save too. With two car loans, a mortgage, taxes, and everything else we are literally putting away like 5 bucks a week. BUT it will add up
Yup it sure will!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
I wouldn't say rolling, but we try to be smart with our money and being in the army definitely has its perks. It seems like our only big expense is daycare at 980$ a month.
Sorry, I just thought it was funny with the emoticon

May 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are saving for a lot. However, we don't make much so it's really hard to put away a lot at once, especially with big expenses like contacts and dental popping up every so often! DH just started his own business, and we hope it will start bringing in a good amount for us that we can just save most of it. Then we will really be able to meet our goals of paying off our mortgage (small house), saving for a kitchen remodel (small and simple) and buying our first investment property. Since our vacations are modest I don't really include that in my savings. Just got to keep at it!
ComfortablyMum and mBABYe like this.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

May 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going to work on building our 'emergency' savings back up since we had to use what we had saved to replace our roof (but at least we had the money to do that).

Other that that we need to put some money aside for Christmas

May 12th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post
^ Omg Gio has been in a hotel so many times i've lost count But you do have other kids too so that's a whole different story But a family vacation sounds like fun
Yeah, well we changed our minds and going to Niagara for 3 days the hotel room has separate bunk beds for the girls in like their own room type thing, so Sebastian will be a bit separated from them. I hope it goes well, but we'll see!
ComfortablyMum and Lorena26 like this.
May 12th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Exciting

I can't wait to go away for the 1st time with Eve. She is going to be so excited

May 13th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyMum View Post
For anything? How far away is it? What is it?
We are going to need a new SUV before winter this year. I am hoping to get it by September
May 13th, 2013, 01:00 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's what's frustrating....if you combine what I make and what DH makes, you'd think we'd be ok. Not rich, but ok. But it always seems like there's never enough money. Daycare is by far our biggest expense, and we have three kids in it Once Cody is 5 and in school MAYBE we can start saving. So I have four more years!
May 14th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyB80 View Post
That's what's frustrating....if you combine what I make and what DH makes, you'd think we'd be ok. Not rich, but ok. But it always seems like there's never enough money. Daycare is by far our biggest expense, and we have three kids in it Once Cody is 5 and in school MAYBE we can start saving. So I have four more years!
I know right!! Eve is not in day care, but I have friend's whose babies are, and they tell me just how expensive it is! It is almost not worth working, and for the mother/father to be a SAHP.

May 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Yeah, well we changed our minds and going to Niagara for 3 days the hotel room has separate bunk beds for the girls in like their own room type thing, so Sebastian will be a bit separated from them. I hope it goes well, but we'll see!
we went to Niagara for a weekend 2 weeks ago. It was interesting since we have never stayed in a hotel since we've had kids. My 4yo LOVED it and was able to fall asleep pretty easily. Nathan was a whole other story LOL
We had to turn off the lights/tv and leave the room for him to fall asleep (we stayed right outside the door which was propped open a tiny bit so we could still hear). He fell asleep pretty quickly after that and slept all night so I consider it a success

May 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We aren't really saving for anything special, but we are working hard to put all our extra money towards paying off our minivan. That will free up so much money! Otherwise, we just save for retirement and savings account for other things that pop up.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

May 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
Loves Kate!
We are saving little bits here and there for a trip. We want to take Katelyn to Disney World. I not sure when though.

Born 11/19/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search