DH is in the doghouse

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so I knew today wouldn't be a stellar, "let's spoil Mom to the 9s" kind of day. There was too much stuff going on for the pageant, but I also didn't figure it would suck this much either.

So, the day started like most Sundays with me getting up around 6:30 with little rose, except that K was still sleeping, and slept until 7:45 am, a first for him. DH got up around 7, shortly after M did. M gave me the present she made in school. DH got the kids to give me the card (M made last night) and the Mother's bracelet (I told him I would like) and it was nice. Then he said I could do anything I would like for breakfast. So knowing that there was NO milk in the house, he sits down to read his book. I get up and start to slowly get ready and the kids. About 30-45 minutes later, after dealing with all three kids trying to pull out every picture we own, he gets the idea that it's time to get dressed.

9:15 we leave to go to the local breakfast place. Get there only to find a 30 minute wait. Darn, I so had my heart set on crepes, and they're the only place around that makes them. So drive back towards home and I tell him to stop at the grocery store so I can pick up milk. He ends up bringing the kids in to go shopping with me - oh joy. Get syrup I don't like because K likes it. Get home and I cook breakfast - no offer from DH to help.

After breakfast, DH goes to set up pageant stuff and I clean up breakfast. I take K and little rose grocery shopping and get home with a sleeping little rose. Put away the groceries, throw dinner in the crockpot, and get myself a small snack/lunch.

DH shows up a little later and I leave to go decorate for the pageant (oh, the joy of being the queen's mom). DH has 2 sleeping kids to watch over. I go decorate and bring M home about 3 hours later. I arrive NOT to an immaculate house, but to the SAME house I left with the SAME kids STILL sleeping and DH READING a book at the kitchen table.

The dishwasher is STILL full of clean dishes from this morning with dirty dishes in the sink; the laundry isn't folded or sorted or washed. AND the best part, K, who we are trying to wean from naps, has been sleeping for over 3 hours. Like he'll be going to bed at a normal hour tonight.

Needless to say, I was not pleased.

This mother's day I cleaned the bathrooms, put away clothes, did the shopping and cooking, and did all the dishes to boot. And my husband is mad at himself - he doesn't even know the half of how mad he should be. If only I had 3 hours during the middle of the day to still and do whatever the **** I felt like.
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Ok, for all those that read this far, here is a box of cookies for you.
May 12th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww :bighugs:
Sorry DH epicly failed at Mother's Day this year.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that sucks that you didn't get to relax at all on Mothers day

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
May 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!!! I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned!
May 13th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) I'm so sorry!
May 19th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a yucky day
If it makes you feel any better I didn't get squat either. Not even a card.

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search