Molluscum

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ratladee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 06:14 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Any other babies have this stuff? Pea has one on her side. It's about the size of... well they said it was lik 4mm. Well last night in the tub it looked angry, mad, and there was a little bit of stuff coming out. It looked like it was forming a head. I heard they are contagious. She only has one, she's been to the dermotologist for it already.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
I had to google it. . .
Ive never seen this before. . .

May 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Same here. I have never heard of it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
I wonder if it's a vaccine reaction. She's had it for many months. It could also be from daycare. It's part of the pox virus. She's had 5ths disease before, and also recently got the MMR vaccine at her 15 month appt.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:07 AM
Hmm I never heard of it before this! Could be anything our bodies are friggin weird!

May 23rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Go figure, she's had it for months and as soon as I post on here about it daycare is all of a sudden freaking out over it. Funny how they pick and choose what rules they want to follow. >.<

May 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Whaaat lol thats so odd!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard of it....molluscum warts. DD had several of them, but they were fairly small and smooth - nothing coming out of them. She had them for several months and they mysteriously vanished. What you're describing sounds like it could be from the shot...
May 23rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
It sucks because that was the number 1 shot I didn't want to give her. BUT, that growth had been there way before the shot. It's been there for at least 6 months.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no personal experience with it and little knowledge regarding it but I had a coworker with it. She said you can get it via contact, and she probably caught it at work(in the medical field). Not sure how correct this is, but I believe she said if someone had it, and it drained or whatever on a table and than your arm or whatever touches that area not knowing you can catch it. So maybe it is daycare related? I hope it heals quickly for her!
May 23rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
GROAN! We have had molluscum! NOT FUN! Very common among toddlers and very contagious. My now 3 year old got it around 18 months - 2. We first noticed hers around her mouth and thought it was from pacifier use. Nope. Molluscum. We were referred to the dermatologist since it was on her face. Normally they let it go away on its own but our pedi was concerned since it was on the face. Anyhow....before it was all said and done she did have some in other areas as well. The derm. did some type of treatment (can't remember the name) but it made the mollsucum get all red, ***** and nasty. She looked worse from the treatment than from the molluscum itself. The aim of treatment is to get the body to recognize it and form an immune response. We fought with it for about 6-9 months before it finally cleared. It was so annoying. The doctor said many kids get it but sometimes parents don't even know it. I don't believe it has any relation to vaccination. Also, I know you have a new baby....we did too. He never got it....apparently it's uncommon under 12 months of age. Hopefully yours clears soon. There are some success stories online of people treating it with apple cider vinegar...you might want to check into it. Good luck!

whoops... I tried to write Puss-filled above...
May 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah we denied the treatment. I think the body may be fighting it now just because of how angry big and red it is.

May 29th, 2013, 09:11 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found some info on it saying tea tree oil was effective in like 18% of cases... if thats something you want to try. Its not a great success rate but its tea tree oil...whats the possible side effects?

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
May 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
AWW poor pea has peas. I knew a friend who's kid had a few of those as well. I would guess it was from the daycare as well. I googled it and most links suggested what Casey did... tea tree oil. Good luck mama! I hope since it's getting angry at itself that maybe it's working it's way out on it's own. *fingers crossed!*

"Two randomized, placebo controlled clinical trials treating molluscum in children with a combination of essential oils have demonstrated the effectiveness in children with molluscum. The second, more recent study showed a 90% or greater reduction in the number of visible molluscum lesions in 16 of 19 children (84.2%) using a combination of essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil) and organically bound iodine [13] . Tea tree oil alone worked for only 18% of children."

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

May 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
OMG that is so funny. Pea has Peas. She sure does! But since it's been inflammed her body was fighting it. It popped and it flat now and only a tad bit red where it is so it's healing! woop woop!
bmarti07 and mBABYe like this.

May 29th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good news!
May 30th, 2013, 02:47 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I'd never heard of it either, and had to google it.

Glad to hear it's almost gone!!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 30th, 2013, 05:49 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Oh that's great!

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search