Family Time

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 06:51 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Is there a day you all spend together as a family, every week?

Is there any activities you do together all as a family?

Did you have a lot of family time when you were a kid?

May 26th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Julka
We spend weekends together; not necessarily the whole weekend together, depends on what's planned. We don't like to constantly "have to be somewhere", so a lot of weekends are just laid back. We take the kids to different parks around the city, that's probably my favorite thing to do as a family. Also, we eat dinner as a family EVERY night and that's really important to me. On weekends, we usually eat breakfast together too (except when Sebastian decides to sleep in till 10am lol)

Growing up, I think I spent more time doing "family" things with my grandparents than my parents.
May 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually spend Sundays together no matter what. I try to schedule anything we have going on for Saturday. This summer my oldest son has discovered that he loves bowling, I mean LOVES bowling lol so we have been doing family trips to the bowling alley for a couple weeks now. I am big on traditions so we get more family oriented around the holidays.
May 26th, 2013, 05:47 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Sunday's and Monday's lately have been our family days. Those have been the days Scott has off work.
We hardly ever plan anything, but if we do it is visiting family/friends, going for walks, going to the mall...
Yep we spent a lot of time with our extended family we have loads of cousins!

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
We usually try to Sunday afternoons. We do our grocery shopping as a family. Now that its warm, the park and playing outside too. We eat dinner as a family everynight, I mean Gary is only a baby still but I couldnt imagine not. I grew up in a family that always had dinner together and I never knew different.
We did a lot growing up. My dad worked a lot and when my mom passed he had to keep working to pay her medical bills, but we spent a lot of time with cousins, grandparents, aunts. . .it was a VERY good childhood. I give my dad soooo much credit for taking care of 4 kids under 14.

May 27th, 2013, 09:14 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Is there a day you all spend together as a family, every week? Every weekend, and every week night too. DH works until like 5ish pm and when he comes home if Drake is not asleep we go to the park at 6 pm when the sun is going down and it's not that hot. Saturday and Sunday when he is off we usually go to the park twice, once in the morning and once in the evening. But honestly, we do everything together really. It's like everything is a family affair.

Is there any activities you do together all as a family? Shopping, and everything.

Did you have a lot of family time when you were a kid? Not really. I was one of four, my Father was a truck driver so we rarely did park times or anything like that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

May 28th, 2013, 07:57 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well as of this past Friday, all five of us are together again so I'm sure there will be plenty of time for family time.

I remember doing a lot with family when I was younger. We would all visit my grandparents together, and I really liked doing that. We'd stay the weekend because they lived 2 hours from me. And we would take a vacation EVERY summer. Even if it was just to the jersey shore. We weren't rich but my dad made enough money so we had what we needed.
May 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Is there a day you all spend together as a family, every week? sunday, monday, tuesday are our family days. it's not always "the whole day" because DH will [sometimes] do overtime on one or two of those days, but he always keeps one day completely free from going into work.

Is there any activities you do together all as a family? errands, dinner (on the days DH is home for dinner), stuff like that i guess...

Did you have a lot of family time when you were a kid? yes, family was very important for us and it still is.

May 29th, 2013, 05:44 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Is there a day you all spend together as a family, every week? Thursday-Monday (hubs only works 3 days a week so we get 4 day weekends every week)

Is there any activities you do together all as a family? We pretty much do everything together.

Did you have a lot of family time when you were a kid? We did. Especially with my Dad He was definitely the hands-on parent. If you asked him his favorite memory in life it would probably be coaching my brothers baseball team for 4yrs. It was the one time the whole family was always together. We went to every practice, every game, helped in the concession stand... it was a good time.

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search